Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Cold hands overnight :(

We've been working on breaking the swaddle over the past 2 nights (which has been going well, thank the Lord), but when I get him out of his crib in the morning his hands are now ICE COLD! Our furnace is at 68 which doesn't seem too cold. I don't want to cover them up because I'm hoping that if and when the paci falls out, he will find his fingers and suck away.

How do you keep LO's hands warm at night?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cold hands overnight :(

• Socks.  Put them over his hands and they will stay warm all night.  That's what our pedi recommended.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageEvee D:
    Socks.  Put them over his hands and they will stay warm all night.  That's what our pedi recommended.

Thank you, good idea. Love the name Everly, BTW.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, babies' circulatory systems aren't fully developed yet, so their hands and feet will be cold a lot of the time. It's nothing to worry about.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • We use scratch mitts, but will probably start using socks to keep him warm. He's been scratching the crap out of his nose too, even with his nails super short.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hands are not an indicator of body temp, you should feel the back of his neck instead.  Babies often have cold fingers and toes, but as long as their core is warm, they are fine.  Do you put a sleepsack on your LO?  My LO sleeps with a onsie, footed sleeper, and fleece Halo Sleepsack, which keep him warm enough and comfortable.  Sleepsacks are a great way to keep baby safely warm, and easy to add layers under as needed. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"