Working Moms

If you got pregnant would you keep it or abort? And, how does being a WM

124»

Re: If you got pregnant would you keep it or abort? And, how does being a WM

• imagebrideofaussie:

Spenjamins, you know I like you but you really are getting ridiculous here with how you are twisting what everyone is saying.  It's hypocritical of you to post on MM complaining how crazy everyone else is and then you pull sh!t like this. WIth behavior like this, it's definitely the pot calling the kettle black.  They're right.  It's time to call it a day and take a breather.

Wow.  I just read the posts on MM.

I take back what I said about well-thought-out and respectful debating.  Spenjamins, just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you does not make them an idiot.  As the debate has gone on, I agree you have been twisting other's words.

The fundamental issue is that some people think abortion is akin to murder, and others don't (thus their ability to abort without conscience).

Either side will never change each others opinion.  I'm done here.  :)

• imagemadhatter2003:
    I'd keep it, but I believe every woman has the right to make the choice for their own families.  Although I also agree that if people are 'done' with having kids it would probably be a better choice to take steps to prevent the pregnancy in the first place.

Couldn't have said it any better than this myself.

• Loading the player...
  • imageSpenjamins:
    imageENev:

Ok, sorry, I see that you "haven't gotten around to it."

I second the posters who said "wow. just wow."

I always like to see you on this board since you're a happy, confident working mom, which is what I am, as well. I think there need to be more happy working moms out there.

But this post really has me feeling differently toward you. No hard feelings, whatever. I just find it really sad that people think how you do. Yes, abortion should be legal, but I also think there should be a stigma associated with it. It's a terrible act. 

I don't think it is a terrible act at all. I think it is a choice. And thank goodness women have it.

Indifferent

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Yes, I have never liked you op.  You always seemed to have such a weird view of motherhood- "get over working and being away from your children, no big deal!".  YOU are the weird one.

This post is so bizarre.  You really cannot understand why abortion would be an emotional thing? It seems you are so sucked into to working that you view even motherhood as a job or a chore.  Too bad really. 

MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagefinally2006:

Yes, I have never liked you op.  You always seemed to have such a weird view of motherhood- "get over working and being away from your children, no big deal!".  YOU are the weird one.

This post is so bizarre.  You really cannot understand why abortion would be an emotional thing? It seems you are so sucked into to working that you view even motherhood as a job or a chore.  Too bad really. 

It is sad to me that when a woman is confident with her choice to work and does not feel the need to feel guilty or torn about it, it needs to be questioned.  I think your post points more to your lack of self-confidence and happiness, not mine. Women can work and have happy families and it really can be no big deal.  If not liking me makes you feel better about your feelings of guilt, it is what it is. Who is going to sleep better tonight? I think it is going to be me.

Motherhood is not a chore for me. It is a joy. Adding another child to the mix would not be joyful at all.  The fact that my husband and I are in agreement that an abortion would be our option is another matter of being confident in our choices without the need to feel guilty or torn about it.

That abortion is legal and hopefully in the future more widely available to all women is a fantastic move foward.  It is a reasonable and valid choice for all women who are faced with an unwanted pregnancy. 

I think it is very sad that women should be judged about their reproductive choices when not too long ago, women has no options and suffered greatly because of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"