Infertility
Options

Here's a question - IVF gals and FET gals come in. clicky poll.

I'm scheduled for a FET on Nov. 19 (The Friday before Thanksgiving)...

My brother's family arrives that Sunday, and my SIL  (the only person staying in our home) arrives on Tuesday (two days before Thanksgiving)...

So, basically, I can be on complete bed rest all weekend, and then I will be up and busy because I'm hosting this year for 11 people. (Outsourcing a few dishes, thank goodness for my mother and I'm ordering a turkey, too.)

Am I crazy? My ILs give me serious stress but I'm hoping if they aren't arriving until Wednesday, then I should be okay?

I would really love your input.  Thanks ladies.

[Poll]

Re: Here's a question - IVF gals and FET gals come in. clicky poll.

• Options
    If I was in your shoes, I'd move forward w/ the FET and get some bed rest while DH plays host =).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Personally, I would wait. Not becasue I think everything you have going on would affect the outcome, but I would always be asking why. I am just that person. If it was negative, I would wonder if having my ILs around would have changed my outcome,etc. Irrationl maybe but I wouldn't want to have any regrets.

GL with whatever you decide!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think keeping busy after ET is good.  You will have 3 days to rest up and most of the time that is the max a RE recommends.  I wouldn't lift heavy things and I would try to limit my stress, but other than that I think you are fine.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I cycled around Thanksgiving last year and told everyone not to even look my way when it came to cooking. I didn't cook a thing. Instead, we went to my mother's and IL houses. IVFs and FETs are stressful enough without having to cater to other people's needs, especially if they are not aware of your and dh's  IF.
    TTC since July 2008 RE Consult 1/09, dx MFI Unmedicated IUI 4/09 BFN Injectable IUI 5/09 BFN Hysteroscopy 7/09 All clear 0.5 IVF 9/09 Canceled due to early ovulation 1st IVF 11/09 trans 2 BFN 2nd IVF 2/10 trans 2, froze 6 BFN Dx PCOS 3/10 1st FET 4/10 BFN Uterine biopsy and genetic testing 7/10 all clear 2nd FET 9/10 BFN 3rd FET 11/10 BFN New RE 1/12 3rd IVF underway
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"