Snarky and T-TTC

Intro and bacon wrapped oreos

:ahem:

Hello ladies~

I've been lurking for a while and thought I should introduce myself to all of you nice & proper.

I'm 33, an ER Nurse, newly married and currently trying to live in 2 places at once thanks to my DH's job. Luckily JetBlue flies direct and has free snacks, so I haven't gone completely insane yet. I do think they should offer free margaritas if you fly a lot.

We have a 5 year old Vizsla that I possibly devote way too much time and attention to, except that I don't think you can do that. Also, it is entirely possible that I dress him up in elaborate holiday costumes, but won't confirm until I know you better. 

I've been lurking on the Bump for a few years - baby fever and all - so I sort of have a vibe for different boards, and am not looking for hugs and kisses and puppy dogs. Well, at least not right away.

We've been TTC for 8 hours and haven't had success yet, so I'm super bummed and would like you all to comfort me.

Okay, total lie. We're not TTC yet and so therefore have no idea if TTC will be successful or not (don't throw things at me yet). I have had friends and family who have had pretty long and varied roads through infertility with different results, so while I have not walked that road and couldn't ever understand it completely, I've seen it from the outside. There's no good way to say that without sounding douchy, so I'll stop there. 

Mostly, I started lurking on the different boards a while ago. I locked onto the work Snarky and stepped in to take a look around. I continued to lurk because I love bacon, cookies, and more types of drinks & liquor than I'm comfortable typing. Also because you girls are too damn funny, you make me laugh, and your depth of support for one another is phenomenal. And you remind me of my IRL friends, so I sort of feel like I know some of you already. 

Things I have learned from lurking:

1. Don't be a douchebag

2. Bring Bacon and drinks

3. I like Pandas too

4. Don't be a douche. 

I sometimes reply to posts that are non TTTC related, or if I felt that a kind word from a stranger would be appropriate. Because of that I thought an introduction would be appropriate, so here I am.  

I am also computer illiterate  and therefore can't post pictures. If you'll use your imagination for a minute...

:Rockin picture of bacon wrapped chocolate dipped oreos, Halloween candy and several margaritas:

Oh, and a Panda.

I hope to post where and when I can, and I won't look for my puppy & unicorn welcome basket for a while.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and bacon wrapped oreos

• :sniffs: 

You might be ok.  

But then again, the mental image of bacon and oreos aren't sitting well with me, but no harm no foul.  

:-)  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • ::lays crispy bacon at Ballsox's feet and backs slowly away::
  • Loading the player...
  • imageExcitedtostart:
    ::lays crispy bacon at Ballsox's feet and backs slowly away::

ooooh! bacon! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I can't see the pictures, but you sound pretty good so far. Keep at it and we'll see how you do ;)
  • Welcome...and yay for diversity.
  • I read your intro that you posted earlier too.  nice to meet you.  :)   I agree, a bacon wrapped oreo sounds pretty downright nasty to me right now.  But I like bacon and I like oreos....maybe someday I can make the merge.
  • Thanks Ladies!

I've eaten my fill (and then some) of halloween candy, and now I'm off to bed. It was good to meet all of you, and I hope to see you all soon on the boards.

E

:leaves plate of cookies with icy cold milk: 

• Welcome!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • You have potential. Welcome.
  • Welcome!
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• :::steals milk:::

(since the cookies have been claimed and I'm craving milk anyway)

Hello New person.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imagewndrwmn1998:
    ::steals cookies::

damnit, now I have to chase you. 

Welcome E. 

• :brings fresh plate of cookies and frosty milk:

Thanks ladies!  

• AHA!

:::steals 2nd batch of cookies:::

you snooze you lose!

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Now, that's how an intro should be made. Well done! Now you have to follow through with more participation Big Smile

And while I might be in the minority, I happen to believe that everything (yes, everything) is made better with bacon, so bacon wrapped, chocolate dipped oreos might be something I have to try. I think they need to be baked on wire racks first, because soggy bacon does nothing for me.

• Welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • hello and welcome

you seem fun

bacon & oreos sound good to me -- but not together.  And I only like the oreo filling, not the cookie part

Baby Boy O born 4/5/2010, 7lbs 14oz, 20", at 38w by c-section due to pre-e & failed induction
  • you have potential - hi. =)

• I missed all the cookies and milk... Crying

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • :slips the last cookie to LTF525:

There you go! 

This discussion has been closed.