Secondary IF

Did you have trouble getting Pg with number 1?

Just curious if any one had issues with number 1 too.   Did you see Re or just try on your own.   Tell me your story.

I got pg my 1st cycle of TTC and than mc at 10 weeks 5 days and than it took me 15 months of TTc  ( the last 6 witht he RE) to get pg again and than mc again and than got Pg a month later and had my Lo 10 weeks early weighing 2 pounds 10 ounces.  He spent 7 weeks in the NICU before we were able to bring him home. 

10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....

Re: Did you have trouble getting Pg with number 1?

• Sorry I should have read through all the post before I posted I see a similar one.  
    10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....
  • We had no problems getting pg with #1.  We were pg by the 2nd month.  DD #2 took 2 years.  We have already started on #3 and we have been trying for 3 months now for #3....  do not know how this one is going to turn out yet.
    Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
    We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It took us 6 months (7 cycles) of TTC to get pregnant with #1, and the first few cycles of that were just kind of NTNP/"just seeing what happens" By the time I actually got pregnant we were hardcore trying with Preseed, mucinex, vitamin B6, charting, etc.

We had just been starting to get worried that something was wrong right before I got pregnant. I had been to my OB/GYN and had my progesterone tested. It was really high (21), but I didn't have any idea what that meant at the time. I got my BFP a few days later, had an uneventful pregnancy and gave birth to a healthy baby boy 8 months later. I never thought we were the most fertile couple (i.e. I wasn't going to get to brag to my friends that "he just looks at me and I get pregnant...hahahahaha") but who cared? I thought we would be able to have more kids without too much trouble, we may just have to try a  little harder and longer than everybody else. In my heart of hearts, I thought that the fact that we got pregnant in less than a year meant that nothing was really wrong with us.

Surprise. 6 months into TTC #2, we got DH tested and his SA came back terrible. The "better" of his samples was 3.2 million/ml with 36% motility. He had a "sizeable" varicocele repaired in September, but unless something miraculous happens, I'm sure we will be told IVF is our only option. Which is kind of hard to swallow after conceiving without MA before. We won't go down that road, for financial and emotional reasons. We have started working on our adoption home study and will probably proceed with adoption in January 2011, unless DH's next SA (in Dec.) is drastically improved. We wanted a big family, with our children close together, and our son is almost 2 already. I think we have waited long enough.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was very fortunate to get pregnant with DD easily.  TTC#2 not so easy, but I know when it hapens, it will be worth it.  Lots of luck to you!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • We started TTC #1 as soon as we got married, but after 9 cycles of trying to be very relaxed and patient about it, we really started trying.  We knew we might have problems so at a year went to the RE.  I was diagnosed with a blocked tube and DH's SA wasn't good.  I opted for surgery to hopefully make a permanent difference for a second kid too.  Surgery revealed the hsg was wrong, tube was fine, found out 1 week after surgery I was pregnant. 

We started TTC#2 prepared to put at least a year in to the process, we thought it would happen if we were patient, but thought we wouldn't go back to the RE if it didn't.  Then May '09 right after my 10 mile race I got pg, 1st (or 2nd try) and we were amazed.  Everything seemed fine until my 20w u/s, found out the baby wouldn't live, and terminated at 22w.  Tried for 13 cycles starting 2 months after losing the baby, last one being a chemical pg, and now here we are doing our 1st iui cycle.

I think that by this time next year I will be out of this limbo stage.  If I don't have a baby and am not pregnant, I'm pretty sure I'll be selling baby stuff and calling it quits. 

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Yes, we had TTC our DD. I won't give all the details, if you want to see my profile I've got it all in there, and also my blog! But basically we tried for 3 years and nothing, in that process I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Finally went to RE and I wasn't O on my own, clomid didn't work at all, got PG on 2nd cycle of injectables and trigger with IUI.

Started TTC #2 a few months back, gave it 3 good months of trying, then called up RE to get back in, started right where we left off. Have had 2 failed cycles of injectables + trigger + IUI, starting my third this week.

Your little man is precious! And I hope things fall into place quickly for you!! GL!

• Your son is adorable!

We were pretty ignorant of everything involved in TTC the first time around - what I wouldn't give for that ignorance now.  That being said, we "tried" for 2 years, and got a really surprising BFP just days before starting our first round of Clomid.

Turnes out Clomid wouldn't have done much anyway - it's been 2 years again, and though we've tried 4 rounds of Clomid, I do not respond.  We have chosen to treat our/my IF naturally, with (major) dietary changes and acupuncture.  I hope that helps!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Hi Irish! I am back here now too! Hope you are well xo
  • No!  We got pregnant with my first son the first month trying.  I wish we were always that lucky!
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Got pregnant on our 1st try with #1, tried for 1 year with #2 when we discovered DH had sperm issues, turned down down the temp at our house and DH went to boxers. Tried for a couple more months when the OB suggested we try IUI. 2 rounds of IUI with clomid and had a laparoscage and Hysteroscopy. Laparoscage fixed my endometrriosis and Hysteroscopy was to fix my septum (possible cause of me being on bed rest with #1). Doing my third round of clomid with IUI and will probably move to injectables with IUI next year if this doesn't work.
  • Got pregnant with # 1 surprisingly easy. Nine months and nothing so started the testing with OB, two rounds of clomid with him, on to RE, three rounds of IUI/ovidril/IUI. Two months off (clomid was getting to me). Got pregnant on our own for second pregnancy. Unfortunately we lost that baby at 6 weeks. I am recovering from a broken sacrum and once all is healed, if still not pregnant, we'll head back to the RE.

It sucks. It really does. But keep your chin up- there are alot fo success stories out there.

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • We had trouble getting pregnant with both 1 and 2. For DS 1, we tried for 18 months and went to the RE. We got pregnant the third treated cycle with him. DS2 we tried a bit on our own (5 months) and then 6 months with the RE. 

DD was a complete shock .

• I got pregnant our second month trying for our first.  Second time around it took 18 cycles (6 w/ clomid, 2 w/ clomid and IUIs and finally one IVF) for me to get pregnant.  Third time around I got pregnant with no medical intervention and we weren't even officially trying.  I miscarried at 14 weeks.  Fourth time I got pregnant our third cycle trying and used clomid.  I miscarried at 10 weeks.

Right now I'm doing IUIs and hoping there is a fifth pregnancy, and third baby, in the cards for me sometime soon.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• We TTC for 4 cycle on our own knowing I had PCOS. Went on to Femara then Clomid for 4 cycles and got pg at 100mg. Had not an easy pregnancy with Preterm labor starting at 26 weeks he was born 5 1/2 weeks early. We are getting ready to start our 4th round of meds with a break do to a miscarriage got pregnant on 150mg of Clomid. I am doing one last round of just Clomid and HCG do to trying something different with cycle. But moving on to Clomid and Menpuir with HCG.  I hope you don't have another hard time. I did not waste time this time went right to meds and happy we did.
  • My periods were getting really weird and so I ended up getting diagnosed pretty quickly after we started trying (6 mos).  I am an-ovulatory and so when I went to TTC #2 I knew the problem was no better so I sought help the 2nd time right away.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • imageShawMich:
    No!  We got pregnant with my first son the first month trying.  I wish we were always that lucky!

This is how I was when trying the first time.  Now is a different story.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • No, not with my son who is now 19 months old. We got pregnant with him after only a few months of trying. #2...........not so easy. I wil be starting Menopur injections as soon as my period starts. I am secretly hoping I will be pregnant and not have to start any medications but the reality is I probably will.
    Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"