Baby Names
Options

Z, X, or V girl names?

I posted 2 or 3 months ago looking for girl names. ?I am 34 weeks and still cannot come to an agreement with my husband. ?Basically, the only name he likes is Zoe. ?I am kind of "eh" on it. ?Don't love it, don't hate it. ?He likes names with "an interesting letter" in them and specifically would like one with a Z in it but X or V or maybe W would be acceptable as well. ?Siblings are Maxwell Oliver and Quinn Olivia. ?Names I like just for reference: Charlotte, Violet, Sydney, Rowan. DH does not like any of these. Any suggestions? ?Thanks!

Re: Z, X, or V girl names?

• Options
  • Options

Our daughter is Paxtyn...

Ava is another suggestion

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a friend named Zana.  I always thought her name was cool...it is pronounced with a long a first then a short a last.

ZA-na

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    YEah Eliza is one of my favorites!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like Zuri which mean beautiful in Swahili according to babynames.com.  Vivienne, Willa, Zea or Zia.
  • Options

I have a student named Zianna (Zee ahna).

Vivian, Valerie, Vanessa, Victoria, Veronica, Virginia, Zora, Zara, Whitney, Willow, Winnie, Willa...

• Options

Vera

Valerie

Veronica

Viola

Willa

Willow

Wynn

Winona

Zola

• Options

Veronica, Vanessa, Valarie, Victoria, Violet, Vivien, Whitney

a few suggestions...Good Luck & I hope it helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I posted this last time you asked, but maybe you want to take another look at it since you are getting closer.

From BehindTheName.com:

ZS?FIA

Usage: Hungarian

Pronounced: ZHO-fee-aw  [key]

Hungarian form of SOPHIA

SOPHIA

Usage: English, Greek, German, Ancient Greek

Other Scripts: S?f?a (Greek)

Pronounced: so-FEE-? (English), so-FIE-? (British English), zo-FEE-ah (German)  [key]

Means "wisdom" in Greek. This was the name of an early, probably mythical, saint who died of grief after her three daughters were martyred. Legends about her probably arose as a result of a medieval misunderstanding of the phrase Hagia Sophia "Holy Wisdom", which was the name of a large basilica in Constantinople.

This name was common among continental European royalty during the Middle Ages, and it was popularized in Britain by the German House of Hanover when they inherited the British throne in the 18th century. It was the name of characters in the novels 'Tom Jones' (1749) by Henry Fielding and 'The Vicar of Wakefield' (1766) by Oliver Goldsmith.

• Options

I do love Violet.  I like V names.

For a Z name I like Zaida, pronounced, Zyda.  I dislike Zoe, but maybe because of a girl I knew.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Willow
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

I saw a documentary recently with a girl who was Russian and her name was Xenia (pronounced K-sen-ya).

There are other really nice V names: Victoria, Virginia, Verity, Veda, Valerie, Violet...

And Beatrix is one of my all time favorites. :) I also saw a little girl in the park once named Gwen. I thought it was so sweet and I was briefly jealous that I didn't pick that name myself lol. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    I really like V names, if this LO had been a girl we were considering Vera, Verona, or Veronica.  I like Zoe too,  but i feel like it is becoming really popular.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic I LOVE my little red heads!!!
  • Options

Zaila and Zofia are pretty, but don't really go with your sibset.

What about Victoria, Vera, Ivy, or Waverly?

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Vella, Vorda, Verlie

Zofia, Zoey, Zeandra, Zelca (ZELL-sa)

M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • Options
    I have a friend who's name is Zandi - she's from South Africa
  • Options

My vote goes to Zaidy. I love it and there's a prominent, incredibly talented author with the name (which I consider a great association).

Here are baby girl names that contain a Z.

Here are baby girl names that contain an X.

Here are baby girl names that contain a V.

• Options

I like Veda, Vida, Vivienne, and Vera.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• Options

Maeve, Mackenzie, Savannah, Vanessa, Valerie, Evelyn, Avery, Evangeline, Alexandra, Roxanne, Suzanne, Gwyneth, Dawn, Veronica, Devon, Evette, Genevieve, Ivy, Raven, Sylvia

• Options

There are a lot of these names that I like that DH has already said "no" to ... but maybe I'll just run them by him again. ?He may have forgotten, right? :) ?

?

I really like Ivy, Willow, Eliza, Beatrix and Gwen. ?But Gwen would definitely be too much with a sibling named Quinn! ?Gwen was actually our girl name when we were pregnant with DS (we were team green for that pregnancy). ?Every time I bring up Eliza he starts singing that song "There's a hole in my bucket, Dear Liza." ?I really like the name, though. ?Lila is one of my favorite names and Eliza is similar but with a Z. ?I had a dream early on that we named the baby Lila June and when I told him he squished his face all up in disgust. ??

I also like Zsofia but I think it would be weird to use a cultural spelling when I am not part of that particular culture.

I also like Winnie but not Winifred. ?Is there another formal name with the nickname Winnie? ?

?Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies! ?Sorry it took so long to post back. ?I posted lastnight then ended up passing out. ?LOL.?

• Options
    My favorite X name is Xiomara, but II know that's not for everyone. Zelda, Zhenja and Zara are some other options not mentioned above.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePuppylove*85:

Maeve, Mackenzie, Savannah, Vanessa, Valerie, Evelyn, Avery, Evangeline, Alexandra, Roxanne, Suzanne, Gwyneth, Dawn, Veronica, Devon, Evette, Genevieve, Ivy, Raven, Sylvia

?

?I do love the name Roxanne but I'm not sure I have enough conviction to name my daughter that. ?Also DH's car is named Roxie (wouldn't necessarily keep me from using it but the kiddos do call his car Roxie on a regular basis). ?Also love Genevieve with nn Nev and also love Ivy. ?Gwyneth is very pretty but not so much with a sister named Quinn. ?Thanks for the great ideas!?

• Options

imageanna7602:
    My favorite X name is Xiomara, but II know that's not for everyone. Zelda, Zhenja and Zara are some other options not mentioned above.

?

Do you pronounce that "Zio-mara"? ?I think I really like that!?

• Options

Veronica

Vera

Beatrix

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I really love the name Waverly, and think it fits well with your other children's names.
    I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • Options
    So I just read DH all of your great suggestions .... and out of all the choices he only likes Raven and Roxanne but is also not sure if he has enough guts to name our child Roxanne. ?I like the name Raven but I just keep picturing that girl on the Bill Cosby show. ?Grrr.
  • Options

I know a Vienna, it fits her well.  Her dad calls her V.  It is really cute.

How about Vivienne?  Viv is a cute nn.

• Options
    I know a girl named Zinnia (yes, like the flower). I think its really pretty.

DD born 3/23/2013; Baby #2 EDD 9/7/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagemarisah:

imageanna7602:

Do you pronounce that "Zio-mara"?  I think I really like that! 

Sorry, I was off the bump for the rest of Halloween. The pronunciation in Spanish is See-oh-mara, but I have heard it pronounced with a Z sound at the beginning among English speakers.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love Charlotte, Violet, and Sydney.  I even have a Charles.  We are strongly considering Eve, which doesn't start with a V, but heavily features it.  I think it goes well with your preferences and your other children!  It's known but not popular.  Zoe feels trendy and not a good match for your other children.

I would also think about: Vivienne, Vida, Vera, maybe Zella?  Also, why not Violet!  I love it! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

X- I have a friend named Xiomara (although she goes by Mara)

V -Vivian, Valerie, Vanessa, Vasha, Velia, Victoria, Viola, Vivica

Z- Zola

• Options

I know you asked for Z, X, or V, but Y is also unusual, and I thought Yvette would go along with your other children's names (pronounced "Evet" long e at teh begining)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"