Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Changing Formula Questions

My DS started having really bad gas about a week ago. He had been on Enfamil Premium with no problems up to then. So we switched him to Enfamil Gentlease. We also started using gas relief drops at the same time (gripe water was no help). I have not noticed any real improvement (in fact he seems to be fussier, esp at night) and we are using the gas drops at every feeding now. The only difference has been that he went from pooping yellow bird seed poop at almost every other feeding to now having only 1-2 a day VERY runny avocado green poop that stinks something awful. His farts smell just as bad! I am wondering if we should just switch back to the Enfamil Premium and continue with the gas drops?!?! Or should we try a different brand of formula altogether? If you changed formula, how long did you give it to see if there was any improvement? Did you switch cold turkey or mix the formula's? How many times did you change formulas? Any advice is appreciated! TIA!

Re: Changing Formula Questions

• We changed formulas multiple times cold turkey. We switched our DD to a spitting up formula and it took about 5 days before we saw improvement. Her stools also changed with every formula change, some formulas made her really smelly. We are now battling constipation with her new formula. I guess as with any diet change, their little bodies have to adjust. GL. The only thing I have found to help with gas is the Little Tummies simethicone drops.
  • It will take at least a few days, even about a week, to see a change once you change formula.  
    "The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." --Jill Churchill

Pre-e w/DD #1 -- now age four! GD and PIH w/DD#2 -- now age two! GD and unexplained third trimester bleeding with baby # 3 -- due Feb 27!
  • Loading the player...
  • Give it 7-10 days to see how your LO responds to the formula change.

GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did the exact same thing....started with premium then switched to gentlease with gas drops at every feeding.  It seemed help at first, then got a whole lot worse.  I ended up trying prosobee and my DS has been the perfect happy baby and is sleeping through the night....finally!  He is 7wks old now.
  • I just went through the same thing with my little guy.  He started out on Enfamil Lipil and that was horrible for his tummy.  We then put him on Enfamil Gentlease and he seemed much better but after about a week and half on that he started getting really fussy again.  So now we are on Gerber Good Start Gentle Plus and we LOVE it!  It's so great having my happy baby back again.  Every time we switched we just switched cold turkey and gave it at least a week to see a difference.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"