Upstate NY Babies
Options

anyone's LO watch 'Dinosaur Train'?

it's a Jim Henson show on PBS

i saw some show related toys in a catalog- interactive dino figures- they look super cute, say 40 different things, and interact they with each other!

a quick search on amazon and i found them cheaper than the catalog (with free shipping), so i'm adding to michael's x-mas list

i was just wondering if anyone has seen this show. it's on at 9:30 am so i don't get to see it. i know my mom watches some other shows with M on PBS but she's never mentioned this one. i'm just courious what it's about

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone's LO watch 'Dinosaur Train'?

• Options

We watch it every once in a while...a lot of time Evan is still sleeping :) It's a cute show.

It's about a family of dinosaurs - one of them is sorta adopted (his egg ended up in the nest somehow) and they take trips on a time traveling train throughout the dinosaur time periods to meet and learn about other dinosaurs. Then at the end of each little episode a paleantologist (I know I spelled that wrong) does a little thing on the dinosaur that they learned about.

• Options
    Enzo likes it when he's up...I think its a cute show
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Reed watches it sometimes.  I think it is cute (I think I like it more than he does).  He definitely prefers it to Handy Manny, which is what is on Disney at 9:30.

Side note:  He likes Bob the Builder a lot, but really dislikes Handy Manny (not sure why).  At the doctors office yesterday the nurse was offering him stickers and she said "do you want a Bob the Builder sticker?"  He said yes, but then she pulled out a whole pile of Manny stickers (she didn't know the difference, hahah). He said ,"no, Bob" and kept waiting for a Bob sticker.  It was too cute.  I ended up convincing him to take a kitten sticker because he really didn't want any of the Manny ones she was offering.

• Options

Bambino really enjoys this show and we keep a lot of episodes on the DVR.  It's quite informative and exposes the kids to a variety of facts and theories re. dinos and prehistoric creatures that lived during the various time periods.  

I actually saw some of the dinos at Target. They did talk to each other, but they got out of sync and it was kind of annoying.  But to a kid, probably not so much.   : )

• Options

thanks for all the info girls!

i dvr'd the show at my moms, my mom said they watched it once but there wasn't enough music to keep him interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"