June 2011 Moms

Belly Laughs by Jeny McCarthy

Hey Ladies - Have any of you read this?  I just finished it.  Great quick read.  I highly recommend for a good laugh!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Laughs by Jeny McCarthy

• I read it a few weeks ago and really liked it. I loved how honest she was but also had a funny twist on it too.
  • I started it yesterday and it's definitely funny and a fast read. It's a nice break from all the 'serious' pregnancy books.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I read it last week. I thought it was a cute, funny read too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I read it a while ago and thought it was pretty funny. Her other one, I think it's Baby Laughs, is pretty good too.
  • I really liked it as well.  I didn't really learn anything new but it was a funny book.
  • It was a cute short read!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jenny's on my hit list.  I work with families of children with autism and think she is dangerous and misinformed and shares a lot of danergous information with the media.  When researchers and professionals get less air time than Playmates it's concerning.  I don't have serious concerns about her stuff like Belly Laughs but I can't bring myself to read any more of her books or support her. 
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just read it and honestly, I hated it:-/ I thought it was very trite, happy-go-lucky, and had some bad information and I guess it just wasn't really my sense of humor. Also, I feel like SUCH a debbie-downer saying this, but I found it a little distasteful how she reiterated several times how difficult her pregnancy was and how she got the worst of everything, but didn't seem to deal with any of what I consider to be the more truly difficult aspects of pregnancy -- infertility, fear of loss, m/c, pg-related complications like pre-e, GD, etc., finding out there is something wrong with your LO, or premature birth. 

Anyways, I know a lot of people love it and find it really cute, I thought I would just put my contrary opinion out there.

IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • I'm in the Process of reading it, and I love it! It is so funny, and entertaining to read.
  • I just got it this weekend, and I love it!  My husband enjoys reading little things that I show him too!  So hilarious!!!
  • I read it during my last pregnancy. I started reading it before I found out I was miscarrying and finished it afterwards. I hated it for exactly the reasons listed above by Blueberries8

• imagemaddiemoon43:
    Jenny's on my hit list.  I work with families of children with autism and think she is dangerous and misinformed and shares a lot of danergous information with the media.  When researchers and professionals get less air time than Playmates it's concerning.  I don't have serious concerns about her stuff like Belly Laughs but I can't bring myself to read any more of her books or support her. 

I agree! I read her book about her son with autism. It really made me so angry! I work with children with autism, also (special ed teacher) and she just seemed like she had all the answers/explanations for autism. When, of course, I disagreed with about 98% of what she said in that particular book. 

• I read it my last pregnancy and found it to be a light, enjoyable read.  I don't think anyone reads it for informational purposes; it's more entertaining than anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"