Working Moms

Do you still cry?

hello!  I don't really post all that often, but I've been lurking for a while.

Do you still cry when you have to leave DC?  I've been back at work full time since March, and I still get emotional when I have to leave DD.  It's the worst on Sunday night when I put her to bed, because I know I"m going to have a whole week of not enough time with her ahead!  Tell me I'm not the only one!

Re: Do you still cry?

• Nope, still happens to me.  DH does drop off most days, which makes it a lot easier, but when I have to do it I still cry sometimes (especially if DD cries or gives me a sad "bye-bye").  You're not the only one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH does drop off.   I always said that if I did it, I wouldn't be working...

When I do drop off, my heart sinks when I leave them esp if they cry. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely don't cry.  I did the first couple of days but now DD is two and loves hanging out with her friends all day.  I feel really good about our situation.  She's happy, DH is happy and I'm happy.  Are you sure you aren't depressed?  I don't say that to be snarky, but after a couple of months, I had definitely gotten into a routine.  I miss her some days, sure, but no tears from either of us.
  • I've been back since March too and I still cry a few times a week.  I have become super emotional since I've had him and leaving him is totally my trigger.  Just this morning I was looking at the picture I have of him on my desk and my eyes started to water.  You're right, Sunday nights and Mondays are the absolute worst.  We have such a wonderful weekend with our babies and then we have to leave them for an entire week again!   Sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have not cried at all, but my aunt is staying with us so I don't have a reason to cry yet! I don't drop off DD anywhere, she just stays home with my aunt :)

In January my aunt leaves us and then I will CRY!

• No but don't judge by me because I never did.  The only times that are tough for me are when one of them has the sniffles -- not sick enough to stay home but certainly not up to par -- and I have to leave them instead of coddling them at home. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• imageshopgirl78:

DH does drop off.   I always said that if I did it, I wouldn't be working...

When I do drop off, my heart sinks when I leave them esp if they cry. 

This.
  • I haven't cried in a very long time, but DD's been in daycare for a 1.5 years now and loves it.  She says bye, gives me a hug and a kiss and she's done. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagesnwqnbride:

hello!  I don't really post all that often, but I've been lurking for a while.

Do you still cry when you have to leave DC?  I've been back at work full time since March, and I still get emotional when I have to leave DD.  It's the worst on Sunday night when I put her to bed, because I know I"m going to have a whole week of not enough time with her ahead!  Tell me I'm not the only one!

Seriously, if you have been crying for 8 months, you should look in to some professional help like counseling.
  • Still happens to me too but I try really hard to not let her catch my vibe. Hang in there she knows you love her!
  • I do not think it's normal to cry regularly about leaving your child eight months after going back to work.

I agree with Spenjamins (a professional) that you should talk to someone about this.

• My boys aren't in daycare anymore but I have cried once or twice when leaving for work. Most days I get a gorgeous send off with waves and smiles and I love yous.  But every now and then one (or more) of them are crying because they want mama to stay and play with them.  It stresses me out when I am trying to get myself out the door and someone is crying and reaching out for me.  It breaks my heart.  But, I also know they will be fine in a few minutes.

Is your LO upset every day?  If so I can see where that would be hard.  But if not, I think you might need to examine why you are reacting badly to dropping off a child who is fine with it.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I am hoping I don't. Today was my first day back. I cried, a lot. I can't wait to get home to see DD.
  • It's only tough on me if either one of my DDs is sad when I leave.  Fortunately, DD #1 is now completely adjusted to her new class at DC so the drop-offs are more or less a breeze now.  For a while, she'd scream and cry and there were some days that I would cry, or almost cry. 
  • No, can't say I've ever cried either and I've been back since May.  My kids are usually pretty happy to be at daycare and see their 'teachers' so I don't feel bad leaving in any way.  I might give my baby a few extra hugs and kisses before I leave some days but no tears.
  • i haven't cried since the first day when i dropped off my oldest son.  but i'm not a cryer normally.
  • I still struggle with DD going to daycare, and she has been there since 13ish weeks (she'll be 2 next month).  Honestly, I still cry about it sometimes.

DH does drop-off, so at least I don't have the drop-off struggle.

After a few months, I realized that my real problem isn't actually her being left at daycare.  She generally has a good time there, loves her teachers and is well taken care of.  It is her life/routine, and she is fine with it.

My problem is my desire to be a SAHM (and the related guilt for not being).  The days I cry are because I know that one of the things I want the most (being a SAHM) will never be within my family's reach.  Fact of life and I need to get over it, but reality is that I'm a girl, and girls cry over stuff sometimes.  So, I have myself a cry when I need it and then pick myself up and get on with life. It doesn't make the sad days any easier, but my internal reality checks keep me happy most of the time :)

It will get easier as time goes on - just try to be realistic with yourself as to why you are upset, and make the changes you can to make it better.

Good luck!  It is hard to not be with your LO when you want to be

• I've never really cried, and fortunately DS doesn't often cry when I leave although he did this morning (but stopped before I had even left the room). I do feel sick to my stomach when that happens. Still, I know that working is the right thing for me and my family, and while I do wish things were different at times, it doesn't upset me enough to cry. I am definitely jealous of the lifestyle some SAHMs have, but if I SAHed there's no way we could have that lifestyle, so what can you do.

The worst for me is if I have a work commitment in the evening and can't come home in time to put DS to bed. I really hate that.

I do agree with PPs that if you are really crying a lot you might want to talk to someone.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers image
  • imageBeccaMarie:

I still struggle with DD going to daycare, and she has been there since 13ish weeks (she'll be 2 next month).  Honestly, I still cry about it sometimes.

DH does drop-off, so at least I don't have the drop-off struggle.

After a few months, I realized that my real problem isn't actually her being left at daycare.  She generally has a good time there, loves her teachers and is well taken care of.  It is her life/routine, and she is fine with it.

My problem is my desire to be a SAHM (and the related guilt for not being).  The days I cry are because I know that one of the things I want the most (being a SAHM) will never be within my family's reach.  Fact of life and I need to get over it, but reality is that I'm a girl, and girls cry over stuff sometimes.  So, I have myself a cry when I need it and then pick myself up and get on with life. It doesn't make the sad days any easier, but my internal reality checks keep me happy most of the time :)

It will get easier as time goes on - just try to be realistic with yourself as to why you are upset, and make the changes you can to make it better.

Good luck!  It is hard to not be with your LO when you want to be

This is why I cry when I leave her!  She stays with my MIL or sister, and LOVES it.  It doesn't really bother me that I'm leaving her there, just that I'm leaving her in general.  99% of the time, she doesn't even miss me!  And, really, it's only once in a while- like maybe once a month.

• imageBella427:
    I definitely don't cry.  I did the first couple of days but now DD is two and loves hanging out with her friends all day.  I feel really good about our situation.  She's happy, DH is happy and I'm happy.  Are you sure you aren't depressed?  I don't say that to be snarky, but after a couple of months, I had definitely gotten into a routine.  I miss her some days, sure, but no tears from either of us.

This. I cried the first day back in January, but not since. I'm happy with our situation. There are some days where I'm sad as I pull away, sure, and I miss him a lot when we're apart, but no, no tears anymore, or really much sadness at all. Life is pretty good.

I do agree that if you're still that upset, you should either talk to someone or look at changing your situation. Being miserable is no way to go through life! I'm sorry you're feeling that way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"