Trouble TTC
Options

Tests - what have you had and when?

I started testing with an RE about a month ago after 18 months of TTC.  Here are the first line of tests we had:

Pap Smear (it was that time anyways)

Ultrasound (found one small fibroid and one small cyst on my ovary)

Blood test (on day 21)

Sperm Analysis

All the above tests came back good!  She said that the fibroid and cyst were small and wouldn't affect fertility.  The blood test confirmed hormone levels for ovulation.  The sperm analysis was "normal".  She also said I have a tipped uterus, but that doesn't affect fertility.

I am suppose to go back in for another meeting to discuss further testing.  For those of you that have already done some testing, what tests have you had so far and in what order?  I'm just frustrated we haven't found anything so far and am curious as to what to expect next.

Thanks for your help! 

My Ovulation Chart

March 2011 100mg Clomid+Estradoil+HCG Trigger+IUI#1=BFN

April 2011 100mg Clomid+Estradoil+HCG Trigger+IUI#2 on 4/14/11

Re: Tests - what have you had and when?

• Options

My testing (in order of completion) 

With my OBGYN:

SA: normal

HSG: showed blocked tube

Laparoscopy: discovered a very badly blocked and twisted and wrapped around my ovary and scar tissue fused right fallopian tube.

Referral to RE:

Tons of bloodwork

Ultrasound, pelvic and trans-vag

Now we are moving on to IVF.

Good luck to you. If I had to guess your RE might try an HSG next. 

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options

Thanks so much : )  This might be a dumb questions, but why get an HSG when the ultrasound came back good?  Honestly, I don't know.  I thought an HSG checked for problems with the tubes, but wouldn't an ultrasound have seen that?

Thanks again! 

My Ovulation Chart

March 2011 100mg Clomid+Estradoil+HCG Trigger+IUI#1=BFN

April 2011 100mg Clomid+Estradoil+HCG Trigger+IUI#2 on 4/14/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You definitely need an HSG before starting treatments, an u/s doesn't show the same information.  Also, sometimes you just have "cowebs" in your tubes, they aren't blocked but the test provides a good cleaning that can also help things along.  Definitely get that done.

Other then that, it sounds like you're on the right track.  Good luck!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options

If there was a blockage in the tube, a regular u/s would not see that. Sometimes the blockage is fluid and when they push the dye through it clears it.

https://www.fertilitydr.com/fertility-tests-hsg-hys.html

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options

I'm 33 so at the end of September, we went to an RE. We have zero coverage so we didn't do any testing with an OB bc my insurance wouldn't have covered it anyway. 

My H had 2 things done: SA and an infectious disease blood panel. All good.

Me: so far I have had:

TSH and prolactin - good.

infectious disease blood panel - pending

vaginal ultrasound at first appt - good.

HSG - good

I still need to do the day 3 tests (FSH and estradiol) but my RE didn't care to do this at all.  He said based on my antral follicles that he saw at the u/s, there was no need.  I asked for the test anyway for my own peace of mind.

GL to you! 

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just started seeing the RE last cycle so I had some midcycle and 7 DPO bloodwork and ultrasounds to follow me through ovulation. I also had a post coital and DH doesn't need a SA because the PC looked great for him. Tomorrow I have an HSG and I am currently doing a clomid challenge and will get bloodwork tomorrow to to do the comparison to CD 3. I will be followed by blood work and ultrasound through this ovulation as well. I think that will conclude the testing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Here is what I had done, and in the order they were done:

With my OB:

CD3-5 b/w

HSG

CD21 b/w

SA for DH

With my RE:

Pap smear

CD3-5 b/w

CD21 b/w

SA for DH

Endometrial biopsy

Post-coital test

Laparoscopy/hysteroscopy (after one failed clomid cycle and one failed clomid/IUI cycle)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"