TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Official Introduction

Hi, my name is Barbara and I've been ttcal for 6+ months. 

DH and I have been together for 3 years, married for 1, but have known each other since I was 5. We stopped TTA in July 2009, figuring that if we were lucky enough for me to be a FH I would not be showing by our wedding in September 2009.

When I was 16 I had my period for 6 months straight, my OBGYN at the time put me on birth control and told me that I'd never be able to have kids. I've had to have the "we might not be able to conceive naturally conversation with three men that I was serious about and loved, two couldn't handle it and left, the third I married.)  

I have NEVER had a regular period when not on BC. I go months (sometimes over a year) without any bleeding, and then will bleed for months on end. Anyway, when I went off BC in January 2009 my cycle went back to being all crazy. My doctor had already told me that I had PCOS and this was confirmed by U/S in October 2009. My doctor and I agreed that we would begin fertility treatment in June 2010. 

Then in March 2010 on St. Patrick's day I apparently ovulated, and in April 2010 I got a "surprise" BFP. A surprise because I was told that getting a BFP without a lot of assistance was unlikely to occur. So anyway, because I was in happy, naive-land, I told a lot of people, our friends, family, my boss. But all that time I was spotting. For that reason I got to see our baby a couple of times on u/s. She had a perfectly healthy heartbeat and was measuring right on schedule.

On the evening of May 5, 2010 into May 6, 2010, I lost our baby.

Since then I have possibly ovulated once (on September 28) but that did not turn into a baby (probably because of the progesterone). Anyway. So now I should be 33 weeks but instead nothing. I'm tired of trying (even though I know that most of you ladies have been trying for so much longer that my paltry little bit of time seems whiny and insignificant), I'm tired of people looking at my stomach and wondering if I'm pregnant again. I'm tired of constantly feeling like I'm waiting for something and putting my entire life on hold.

I am turning 30 in June. I have a fertility consult with my OBGYN on November 23. I pee in a cup three times a day and use wonderfo opk's to test to see if I'm ovulating. I've been doing that every single day since July. I'm tired, I'm bitter. 

That is me.  

TTC since July 2009 ^Rosemary^ May 7, 2010 Holding my rainbow, Beatrix, since August 21, 2012

Re: Official Introduction

• I'm so sorry your loss & for all of your TTC struggles.  Welcome to the board; I hope you will find some sanity & comfort here. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so so sorry for you loss. Welcome to the board.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1: 07/10/2009, Missed m/c, D&C 08/12/2009
    BFP #2: 01/31/2010, Identical Twins died in utero due to TTTS, D&E 05/19/2010
    BFP #3: 09/16/2010, natural m/c 9/21/2010
    PCOS & Bocornuate Uterus Dx 1.4.2011
    BFP #4: 01/11/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I am very sorry for your loss. Having cycles like that must be so so frustrating. Have you considered going to an RE? I think an RE can really help you, moreso than an OBGYN.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Welcome to the board. I can totally understand the frustration in the long cycles and how tired you can become.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• I'm so sorry for your loss and everything you have been through with your cycles.  Welcome to the board. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can get some answers at your consult. Welcome to the board, I hope your stay is short.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've thought about going to an RE, and because I'm by my nature a pre-planner, I have even found a local one that I like. Unfortunately my insurance will not cover an RE, or any fertility treatment, whereas non-fertility treatment is covered by my insurance at my OBGYN. She is willing to label things as non-fertility treatment for our insurance, which is why I'm going to stay with her for at least a little while. I'm hoping that we will begin clomid and possibly metaformin and that together I will begin to ovulate. 

In my mind I am willing to give it six months, after that I will go to an RE regardless of insurance.

Thank you for all the warm welcomes.  

TTC since July 2009 ^Rosemary^ May 7, 2010 Holding my rainbow, Beatrix, since August 21, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"