Alabama Babies

PSA: toy DEALS

I hate to keep raving over Treasure Hunt in Tuscaloosa. But, they have just gotten a HUGE shipment of toys in. Everything is marked 50% off. 

Most of the toys are Melissa & Doug brand. They have everything from puzzles to musical intstruments, mini pianos, toy food, big stuffed animals, bikes, etc. They also have some playskool and other brands, including the Little People sets.

(Rory, I looked for the pink retro wood kitchen I got last time I was there and they didn't have any left. The only kitchen they had available was this Melissa & Doug kitchen, which was $125:  https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Classic-Deluxe-Kitchen/dp/B000GYUYC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288381188&sr=8-1)

Anyways, I ended up doing some of our christmas shopping early. I got a Melissa & Doug set of wood pots & pans, a Fisher price singing tea set, a FP remote control car for my nephew, a magna doodle and some board books and I spent less than $40. Woo hoo! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: PSA: toy DEALS

• That is awesome! These places are so cool.

I went over to the Treasure Hunt-like store in Huntsville last weekend (Essex Retail Outlet, where the old Goody's was on University Drive )and came out with an activity mat, a diaper champ, and a new Snugride car seat base , all for a fraction of what they should have cost at BRU or somewhere similar.

They also had nice Fisher price swings (like the little lamb swing that goes both ways) , bathtubs, crib bedding,  and  Britax car seats! We are so going back when it's time to get a convertible. 

My mom had bought us a clock for about 11 dollars, but it didn't work, so we returned it. We exchanged it for the Snugride car seat base, and they didn't even ring us up because the price was so close anyway. We just didn't take it home in a box, because a lot of their stuff comes in damaged boxes but the products themselves are brand new and undamaged.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Are the baby items (car seats and such) still 50% off or have they gone to 60? I told DH I would wait until they are at least 60% off before buying anything else, and if they don't have what I want by then, just wait and register for those items.

That's a great deal on the toys! I may have to stop by and look at the books. I usually go every week, but I haven't this week! 

• I went Monday and got Aidan 2 toys for Christmas gifts.  They were putting stuff out while I was there that wasn't for sale yet.  I think I will go by there tomorrow and see if I can find anything else.
  • Lydia, I'm tempted to make a trip to T-town to check this place out- Melissa & Doug toys are super cool!
  • imagemissmiss307:

Are the baby items (car seats and such) still 50% off or have they gone to 60? I told DH I would wait until they are at least 60% off before buying anything else, and if they don't have what I want by then, just wait and register for those items.

That's a great deal on the toys! I may have to stop by and look at the books. I usually go every week, but I haven't this week! 

The carseats and double strollers are still 50% off.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagemissmiss307:

Are the baby items (car seats and such) still 50% off or have they gone to 60? I told DH I would wait until they are at least 60% off before buying anything else, and if they don't have what I want by then, just wait and register for those items.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"