Utah Babies
Options

OB/CNM suggestions

I live in North Salt Lake and would love any doctor or midwife recommendations.  I am 17 weeks and need to switch to someone who takes my insurance (select health) soon.  I am planning for a vbac and would prefer a female, but good personality and bedside manner is really important to me too.  Any suggestions??

Re: OB/CNM suggestions

• Options
    I loved the Avenues Womens Center when I had DD. My Dr's name was Dr. Lucinda Robinson.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really liked Dr Lisa Gravelle. She practices out of the new hospital on State Street and 5600 south. Another doctor in the same practice actually delivered my baby, Dr. Brown. I liked her alot too. I started going there when I had Select Health, I have BCBS now and am still able to go there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went to the Avenues Womens Center with Dr. Cynthia Cannon for my first child. I went there because it was covered by my insurance, close (at the time) and I wanted a female OB. Cannon had relatively no bed-side manners. I would had changed had I known any better. At delivery I pushed for four hours and the first time I saw her was when she showed up for the last 20 minutes, did her "job" and didn't say anything directly to me. My cousin had Dr. Beard (at Avenues) and changed for the same type of reasons. She was high risk (twins) and wasn't getting answers, etc. I don't know about Dr. Robinson. I always waited long times before being seen at appointments, the office staff was 'blah' too. The lab and ultrasound work is in the basement and separate appointments had to be made with longer waiting. Awful, IMO. L&D at Salt Lake Regional MC was the same.

Now, I go to Lakeview OB/GYN Clinic that is adjacent to Lakeview Hospital. They accept Care, Care Plus, and Choice. I see Dr. Nathan Ward and he's great. Very approachable, and asks if I have questions at every appointment. He delivered my 2nd child and I have NO complaints. When I went to my 6 week post-natal appt., he was disappointed I didn't bring the baby with me to see her. Most doctors don't care about that at all. He treats high risk too. Lakeview also has OB MD Dr. Gina Muscolino or a FNP-BC Laura Zaugg, but I've never seen them. You can find their website to find out more. The office and staff are good and not sealed off in glass. They also have a kids' corner. Plus, I've never had to give a urine sample (always annoying to do), the CNA does your lab work. At 19 weeks, I've seen the baby on u/s 3 times. LO #2 was delivered at Lakeview Hospital and I loved everything. The location is super close and I don't have to deal with Downtown traffic, etc.

Best wishes on finding an OB/CNM that will work for you. Happy pregnancy!

• Options
    I started out as a teen at The Avenues Women's clinic on referral from family, when I didn't know any different I thought it was a great clinic.  I never saw anything but the nurse practitioner in 6 years.  I have several problems and knew I would be facing fertility.  The plan was when that time came they would just start if up because they knew my history.  When I was ready to start they told me that because of my weight they could not treat me for in-fertility.  My weight didn't change the whole time I went there.  I now go to South Valley Women's Center at the Jordan Valley Hospital and see Dr. Mitchell Barney, There are several Dr's in the clinic and I have heard good about all of them.  I'm 29 weeks pregnant and will soon be able to recommend there services during labor and delivery!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"