Washington Babies
Options

Screen printing question...

Okay, so I finished Couch to 5K and my race is 21 days away. I am doing the race with Keri, and I am designing t-shirts that say "Mamas to the Max."

I was wondering if anyone had some recs for an inexpensive screen printing place, or if I should just go the iron on transfer route. If you have done the iron ons, is there a brand that holds up better than others?

TIA!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

Re: Screen printing question...

• Options
    I would go with iron ons. Are you going to wear them just the one day? I bought the cheap o iron on paper at Walmart and they worked perfect. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think the iron on's would be fine, unless you want alot of wear out of the shirts.  I bought the paper from Target for W's monthly shirts, he wears them under jammies and they get washed alot. I haven't had one fall apart yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you looked on line like Cafe Press? 
    When and where is your race?  Want a cheering section?  I'd love to come cheer you guys on and share a beer at the finish!
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options

I was wondering about Cafe Press too. Sarah, the race is November 21 at Green Lake (can't remember the time, but morning). That would be great to meet up after, or you're welcome to run with us! Well, you can run with Katie. I'll be moving at a glacial pace behind the crowd. Big Smile I ran on a treadmill for the first time at my work training this week and realized I'm not coming close to running the distance the Couch to 5K people say should match up with the time I'm jogging. So I figure I'll jog my allotted time and walk the rest.

Katie, I can't believe it's only three weeks! Eeek. And thank you so much for designing our shirts, they will be fabulous!

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    imagekeri1013:

I ran on a treadmill for the first time at my work training this week and realized I'm not coming close to running the distance the Couch to 5K people say should match up with the time I'm jogging. So I figure I'll jog my allotted time and walk the rest.

Katie, I can't believe it's only three weeks! Eeek. And thank you so much for designing our shirts, they will be fabulous!

Sarah, the race is at 9:30.

How long are they saying it should take? The brochure says that they start doing awards at 10:00 and the Mashed Potato Munch Off is at 10:45. Katherine and I are paced to do the 3K in 35 minutes right now. I am hoping to get my time to 30 or just over. I am adding a day this week to up my days to 4, and then next week I will add a day to get to 5 (now that we aren't adding time). I am hoping that I can get my pace to 30 by race day. 

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    imageKNemo:
    imagekeri1013:

I ran on a treadmill for the first time at my work training this week and realized I'm not coming close to running the distance the Couch to 5K people say should match up with the time I'm jogging. So I figure I'll jog my allotted time and walk the rest.

Sarah, the race is at 9:30.

How long are they saying it should take? The brochure says that they start doing awards at 10:00 and the Mashed Potato Munch Off is at 10:45. Katherine and I are paced to do the 3K in 35 minutes right now. I am hoping to get my time to 30 or just over. I am adding a day this week to up my days to 4, and then next week I will add a day to get to 5 (now that we aren't adding time). I am hoping that I can get my pace to 30 by race day. 

Well, I was figuring if you're supposed to be doing 3 miles in 30 minutes and I'm currently jogging at 4.5 mph, something isn't going to add up. :) I got a little off track when Max was sick so I'm at 25 minutes now, am going to try to get up to 30 and then just walk the rest of it. So hopefully I'll be done by the munch off!

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    You could also try Freezer Paper Stenciling for something that small. You could reuse the stencils for a few shirts. It's a pain (unless you have a cricut or a Silhouette thingamabob) but completely doable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"