January 2011 Moms

Anyone use usaa for auto and home owners insurance?

Just wondering how their rates compare to other companys.  Right now we have Mercury for both.  Dh was in the Army in the 90's (I think around 1992 but not sure) he left just a few mos shy of being able to get all his benefits.  So if he is not able to I know we can sign up under fil info since you can sign up under family members name for your own stuff.  Just wondering how they compare to other companies in pricing.   Also how are they with claims and things like that. 

Re: Anyone use usaa for auto and home owners insurance?

• we have them and i really like them. we are also thinking of switching to them for banking.

basically for our insurance, DH is 26 i am 22 (but only had license for 2 years) we have 1 car (05 jeep cherokee w/ v8 engine) plus our renter's insurance the total is like 170something a month.

i dont know about thier claims process since i havent had to deal with that. but everytime ive called them theyve been very nice and helpful.

• We have them and are very impressed.  We have never had to file a claim, though.

Our auto (2 cars) + renters + valuable personal property is about $90 a month, but I think insurance is cheap in Wisconsin in general.  Before we got married I had AAA insurance and paid (just for myself) close to what we pay now put together for auto.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Loading the player...
  • I have USAA for everything but my retirement investments (they don't offer the pre-tax plan that my work does). I love them! I am a member through my exhusband, best thing he ever gave me aside from the divorce, haha. I feel that their rates are the lowest around. I have had to file both a homeowner's and a car insurance claim and everything was settled promptly.

Are you a member? If so, you can do a quote online.

• I've been very happy with USAA. We've had nothing but great experiences with them in general, and I know my auto insurance cost dropped when I switched from State Farm to USAA.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use them for many things from insurance to Roths to checking. I have only had good experiences with claims, customer service, etc. over the past 14ish years (started with them at age 16). They have a reputation for having the very best rates, but I'm sure like with any insurance it will vary based on your history. The last time I shopped around for auto no one else could touch USAA's rates.
  • we have them for a ton of different services. so far so good. I did get hit a few years ago by a guy who gave me false info (Chicago PD refused to come to the scene since no one was hurt) then laten later claimed the accident was my fault even though I drove to the police station and filed a report. USAA said they would not contest him since it was he/said she said and I had to pay for my own damages (his car had no damage). That was crappy, but it was crappy becasue they guy was a lying slime ball not because of USAA.
  • I will have dh call this week and see what the rates are things like that.  Just need to make sure to send him with our current policys so he can compare them.  This is the last thing we have cut down since I started staying home and not working.  So hoping I can get this payment down a little more aswell.
  • I love using USAA for banking. And the best part is they are opening a branch here in Oceanside!! Already have an ATM going.
  • We use them for banking and a credit card.  We will use them for Marley's college fund also.  As soon as we get military affiliation we will do everything through them.
  • I don't know much about our home insurance but I know after we got married and I was added to DH's policy (SIL is in the navy) my policy went down $800 for a 6 month premium compared to Geico and about $400 compared to Progressive. Not sure about claims service.
  • We use them for everything - homeowner's insurance, mortgage, car insurance, banking, etc.  I'm not sure of all the details on our rates (DH handles that mostly) but I do know that we pay $700 every 6 months in car insurance for DH's Mustang Convertable and my Rav 4.  I was paying $650 every 6 months just for my crappy Ford Focus with Allstate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have auto, home, and life insurance policies with USAA.  I've always been very pleased with their service and rates.  We also just used their car buying service to buy our Odyssey. 
  • We have them for Auto and Renters and their rates are great!  We save almost $100 a month as opposed to progressive.  We also use them for banking and they're wonderful!  I'm not sure about the claims process personally, but we have a friend who's house burned down in a freak ice storm accident and he had a partial check the next day (sunday) and the remainder of the check by thursday afternoon. 

As far as I know, as long as your hubby was honorably discharged he is eligible to use them.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"