Cincinnati Babies
Options

It happened....

Why do I post questions here?  I jinx myself every stinking time.  I must refrain in the future.  DH caught DD with a leg over the top of the crib after her nap.  All afternoon, she talked about it.  "I climb the wall in my bed".  @#$%!  So, now we have to start thinking about converting the crib to a toddler bed.  I was so hoping to put this off until closer to three.  I must have had a sense of what was coming when I posted.  She did not try again tonight.  We will see what happens tomorrow.  Last time she tried was 4ish months ago, but she didn't get the leg over the top.  Fingers and toes crossed.  I will not jinx myself again.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: It happened....

• Options

Oh I wish you luck with that one. 

In the end, it's worked out alright...  I just miss naptime on the days when I'm home.  I hope that's not the case for you guys. 

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, we moved Brooke to a toddler bed right around 2 if not a little sooner and then to a full bed about 6-8 months later. She only got out of bed one time and usually she will just call for me when she wakes up and doesn't try to even get out of bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh good luck!  Hope you get a little longer out of her!

We switched Noah right before 2...he climbed all the way out.  It was a very rough first few weeks.  He took longer than an hour some nights to go to sleep, climbing in and out of bed.  But it is sooo much better now.  He "gets it" now and the fun of getting out of bed seems to have worn off of him.  Most naps and bedtime he only gets out once if it all.  And even in the morning he gets out of bed and sits at the gate at the door, pulls some books of his shelf and reads.  Good luck!

• Options
    imagekel716:

Oh I wish you luck with that one. 

In the end, it's worked out alright...  I just miss naptime on the days when I'm home.  I hope that's not the case for you guys. 

This has been our experience, too.  DD climbed all the way out at 26 months and would no longer stay in it for naps.  She was tired enough at night that she would just lie right down, though.

We moved her out of the crib around 28 months hoping she'd nap again.  She doesn't.  She did love her bed right away and has done great in it at night, though.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"