March 2011 Moms

What are your girl names?

We're team green and picking out a boy name was pretty easy.  Girl name, not so much.

I've spent countless hours on Nymbler.com and while I find a lot that I like, I never find anything that I can picture calling a daughter.  Maybe that's because I think it's a boy, but I still need to be prepared :).

I'd love to hear everyone's girl name choices!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What are your girl names?

• We are the exact opposite!  Team Green and girls were easy, boys, not so much!  

Thinking of:  Ava Michelle or Sloane Michelle 

• Our girl's name is Amelia Morgan

We are team green as well... our boy name is Jackson Broderick.

Other girls names that I like, but didn't make the list include

Lily (my sister owns it Big Smile)

Emily (a little too close to my sister Emma's name... she didn't mind, but I did... maybe next time)

Both our middle names are family surnames (Morgan is my step-dad's, Broderick is MILs maiden name.)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • We are naming our little girl Genevieve Autumn and calling her Evie.
  • We don't have a name picked out yet...DH's short list is Samantha or Samara, and mine is Alexandra or Francesca.

Some of the names I like that DH vetoed:  Anica, April, Cecilia, Laurel, Lydia, Maren, and Olivia.

• Our top girl name was Lexi. But the night before our big ultrasound I had a dream that we had a girl and named her Leah. And I loved that too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our top three are Abigail Lee, Aria Lee and Eva Lee (which DH doesn't like because he thinks it sounds like "evilly," but it has special meaning to me). Dark horse for us is Maggie Lee. Abigail is our frontrunner, and she'd be called Abby. Lee is a family name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If this one was a girl, we were going to name her Alexis Jane (NN, Lexi)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We ended up chosing Elizabeth Ann (possibly middle name change to Grace or Clare), but here were some of the other ones I liked

Abigail

Amy

Anna

Audrey

Ava

Bridget

Caroline

Charlotte

Christina

Emily

Grace

Juliana

Katherine

Laura

Lillian

Lynn

Mary Virginia

Megan

Meredith

Natalie

Rebecca

Sarah

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If we were having a girl, she would have been Adalyn Leanne.  Good luck!
  • Well, if baby #2 is a girl, her name will be Paige McKenzie.
  • We're having twin baby girls, and they're names are Gracieann Maggie and Georgiamae Sharon (Or Gracie and Georgie).  We did the family name thing, and all of my sons names are family names, too. 
  • We haven't decided on a middle name yet but for first name it'll be Margaret and we'll call her Maggie. DH had an aunt named Margaret who died when he was 8 and one of my paternal grandmothers sisters and their mother were named Margot (the German spelling of Margaret) so in addition to being a name I like, it has family ties for us too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • ours are Avery Mae and Trinity Noel.
  • my girl names that we're not going to use are:

peyton, parker, addison, adelaide, sloane, kendall, ashton, norah

Bre Wrties
  • We are having a boy, but if he had been a girl, the name would have been Rylie Isabel
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No clue what our little girl will be, but our top three are Elodie, Chloe and Charlotte.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Our main girl name is Mia, but I also love Addison, Taylor, Kendall, Cameron, and Andi :)
  • Lydia Valentine... Valentine is kinda a family name so I am excited to use it for our baby girl. Plus I think it's super cute. lol
    Always in our hearts, Jameson Stephen: Oct. 15, 2009 - Nov. 9, 2009.

• DD is Evelyn Marian and we call her Evie (Eevee) like from the Mummy.  Boy name was easy if this LO is a boy, but we struggle with girls' names too.  So far Adeline is the front runner, but with so many Adalyn's around I am afraid it will get mixed up.  I also like Lydia, Violet, Willa, and Josephine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our little girl's name is Abigail Rose. Other frontrunners were Rose Christine. I also really like Avery, Mykaila, Mckenzie, and Michela (Ma-kel-la), but DH hates all of those.
  • We're right there with you.  I think girl names are SO hard.  This is our third girl too so I just feel out of names.  There are a few ideas in the baby name link in my sig, but honestly I don't love any of them.  We're trying to work a family name in as the middle name...
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Our daughters name will be Emma Constance. She is named after her grandma (my MIL) that passed away in 2007.
  • We really like Ava but found out it is #5 on the name list right now...so I think we're going to go with Samantha (nn Sam), Molly or Amelia. I really like the middle name Rose so that's a for sure.

Good luck!

I have a friend that named her daughter Isla, like Borat's wife...that seems like a popular one lately. Fun name but not easy to pronounce. 

• Our girl name is Elise but we haven't picked a middle name yet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageArtsywife07:
    Our girl name is Elise but we haven't picked a middle name yet.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!! My name is Elyse, and it is actually my middle name.  I am Candice Elyse

• Our daughter's name will be Miss Jordyn London. I can't wait until the princess arrives!
  • Our little girl will be named Daphne Mae!!
  • We can't wait to see our precious Taryn Noelle. I also loved the name Kate but my best friend has wanted that name since forever aaaaand, more importantly, we love the name we chose!!!!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• I'm all about unique names.  Our first born is going to be Harlan regardless of the gender  after my grandfather who passed away this past April.  Other Girls names we have for future reference are Reagan, and I also just had a friend name her baby Thalynn.  It's different, I like it!  Good luck choosing! 
    HarLynn's mama
  • Our girl name is Scarlett Moreau.  Moreau (pronounced Morrow) was my grandmothers maiden name.
  • well our newest princess's name will be Sadie Harper.  we also have 3 other princess's: Kaylee Analise, Delaney Shea, and Emily (Emmi) Claire!
  • We are a little lost still but so far we like C(K)aitlyn, Sierra, Josalyn, and Cameron
    Neil and Kristin 7-26-2008 image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the perfect boy name picked out.....but now we are Team Pink and I am so lost when it comes to naming our little squirt!

So far we like Danica, Karina, and Norah. And that's all I have!

BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • We are pretty sure will will be going with Blythe Margaret. Margaret is a family name and we just like Blythe.

Other possibilities Ryan or Ryann, Harper, Gracen, or Ainsley.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've pretty much decided on Emily Helen for our LO. I really like the name Hannah as well, but I really want Helen for the middle name (named after my great grandma).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagekristenrobli:

We are the exact opposite!  Team Green and girls were easy, boys, not so much!  

Thinking of:  Ava Michelle or Sloane Michelle 

:) Do you watch Grey's Anatomy??

If we have a girl her name will be Tenley Ann

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"