Success after IF

Warning: big complaining inside

So I have been dealing with a horrible rash/itching for the last few weeks.   I have tried everything:  benadryl, Zyrtec, every kind of lotion and cream out there, and a prescription pill for itching (hydroxyzine).  I have found no relief.  

This morning, I woke up with blood in my fingernails from the itching I did last night.  I truly couldn't stand it any more.  Not to mention, the rash had spread from my stomach, down to my thighs, and on the palms of my hands.  I have tiny but painfully itchy bumps all over my hands and between my fingers.  

I called the on-call doctor and begged for something.  anything.  Something has to be able to give me some relief.

So they sent me to L&D.  The nurses all know me from my NSTs and knew how bad my rash was getting, and commented today at how much worse it looked and how fast it was spreading.  The on-call doc decided it was time for oral steroids.  

I know this is a last resort and we didn't make the decision to take them lightly.  Honestly, it is so bad that I was either going to take the steroids or beg like hell for a C-Section.  

He diagnosed me with PUPPS, and said that unfortunately, there isn't a cure except delivery : (  Which is 17 days away for me.  I know that seems like it is nothing...but when you have fire ants on you eating your skin 24/7 - it is a long time!

So anyway...no point to this post other than I just wanted to complain to someone.  Thanks for listening! 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Warning: big complaining inside

• I'm sorry. I've heard that PUPPS is awful

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You have every right to whine and complain. I cannot imagine. I am so sorry
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww I am so sorry you're so miserable.    I hope the oral steriods give you some relief. 

I remember GretchenlovesMichael  had PUPPS with her twins.  she sounded just as miserable as you do.   I hope the next 17 days fly by for you.   

• Oh my gosh, that sounds completely awful, I'm so so sorry.  17 days must sound like an eternity to you.  I really hope those oral steroids help.  And FYI, I probably would've made the same decision.
    Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • oh you poor thing - I hope the steroids help and your time goes fast!! God that sounds awful : (
  • I didn't have PUPPS, but I had cholestatis which is also extreme itching (no rash).  8 weeks of hell!  I hope the steriods help.  Have you tried Sarna lotion?  It is expensive but helps.  It pulls the heat out of the skin and makes the itch less intense.
  • imagegabbeyh:
    Have you tried Sarna lotion?  It is expensive but helps.  It pulls the heat out of the skin and makes the itch less intense.

I haven't tried this.  I am willing to try anything! Is it OTC? 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes! I am sorry u r so miserable.. I hope these next 17 days fly by. I am sure u have tried it but oatmeal baths work great to help sooth itchy skin. I broke out in s horrible rash from the progesterone shots and to Get a script for steroids too! Feel better soon!
  • I can't imagine how miserable you are.  Praying for you - and that the boys decide they are ready to be born (without any health issues) a few days before your scheduled section.
  • I've heard PUPPS is awful. I hope the steroids help!!
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lady.... you're 34+ plus weeks pregnant with twins. And have PUPPS. And can't get relief. And now have to pee even MORE from the steroids.

I say you get to complain all you want. Go for it.
    What she gonna do? Give you one star ;-0  ??????????

Feel better soon.

Tea tree oil spritz? that's my go-to for bug bites.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I'm so sorry that you're so miserable!  UGH!  I hope you get some relief! :(

And though I understand 17 days feels so long away right now, wow, just 17 days!!! :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • I remember having cholelistasis with Nolan, and the blood in the fingernails is so familiar. I am SO sorry that you are feeling this way. How absolutely miserable .
  • Oh honey, I'm so sorry.  I know you are miserable.  I had crazy itching just from my skin stretching, but it doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as what you're dealing with.  You're getting so close -- I know it seems like forever away when you're just trying to get through every night, but it will be here soon.  (((HUGS)))
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Oh no!  I'm so sorry the rash has gotten so bad.  I hope the steroids give you some relief.  Hang in there, sweetie.
  • My friend had PUPPS when she was pregnant with her twin boys...she said it was awful too....I am so sorry you are going through this!!!!!!!!!!

Dx: PCOS, Anovulation, RPL
    Born via emergency c/s February 9, 2008 - 9lbs, 3 oz!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

TTC# 2 since February 2010 - BFP #1 Sept 2010-(5mg Femara, 1500mg Met, Ovridel) Missed M/C at 10w2d, discovered at 13w2d, D&C at 14w

BFP # 2 - February 2011-(1500mg Met, HCG Injection) Missed M/C at 10w1d, discovered at 10w3d, D&C at 11w...RPL testing came back all normal.

Trying again. June 2011 - Clomid/1500 mg Met / Baby Aspirin - BFFN!

July 2011 Femara/1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - c/p

August 2011 - Femara/1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - c/p

September 2011 - Puregon/ 1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - BFFN!!!!

• Oh Honey...that sounds just awful...

I pray that you get some relief ASAP!!

• I'm so sorry! That sounds awful. Hope you get some relief very soon!!
  • imageLVBlvd:

imagegabbeyh:
    Have you tried Sarna lotion?  It is expensive but helps.  It pulls the heat out of the skin and makes the itch less intense.

I haven't tried this.  I am willing to try anything! Is it OTC? 

I was going to suggest this, too. I believe you can get it OTC. I hope you get some relief with the steroids, you poor thing!!
  • How miserable!!!  You poor girl!!  ((HUGS))
  • You have all the right to complain...sorry about the itching and hope you have some relief soon. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • you poor thing! are you allowed to take pepcid? when you take it along with benadryl, it can help with hives (I get them often) 

Hang in there! 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm so sorry!  Hopefully the medicine brings you some relief for the next 17 days.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am so sorry.  Having no relief in (immediate) sight is torture.  I have been so overwhelmed thinking about the 15 weeks (!) that I have left because of back pain and general discomfort.  I really hope the steroids work for you.  Your babies will be here soon!!

-----Lisa-----
  • Dang momma, I'm sorry.  I've heard PUPPS is like sheer torture.

FWIW, I think you are a rock star.  You deserve some big complaining because of it.  Hang in there.

• Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry :(

I hope you get some relief from the steroids. (((hugs)))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"