Washington Babies
Options

AW: First solid food!

K has been showing lots of cues that she's ready to try solid foods lately, so we went for it tonight.  Her tongue thrust is gone, she's been very interested in everything we eat [you can't eat while holding her anymore, as she's so quick to grab your food and stick it in her mouth] and she's sitting up supported.

We tried avocado - I won't say she loved it, but she kept grabbing more to stuff in her mouth while wearing a very quizzical expression.  We decided to skip the cereals for now since we started supplementing with formula last week and I don't want to cause any constipation if I can avoid it...

Now I just have to figure out some way to determine if any of it actually went in her vs. how much was just spread all over her face and hands Huh?

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: First solid food!

• Options
    Fun!  Another thing to look forward to.  :)

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    That is awesome!  Was she feeding herself?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We fed her first, then she grabbed the spoon and put it in her mouth herself a few times.  I'd like to tell myself she was feeding herself...but she probably just wanted to gnaw on the spoon. 
  • Options

You will know if any went in during the next BM ;)

Laurel loved steamed broccoli as a first food.  Easy to grab and chew off tiny bits that she wouldn't choke on.  Steam it for a few minutes, put it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool down, and you're good to go!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemrs_smith717:
    You will know if any went in during the next BM ;)

Haha, this! We LOVED carrots...and applesauce (and still do). You can alternate pureed prunes (yum) with applesauce or pureed bananas to avoid constipation. Have fun!

• Options
    Fun! We mixed breastmilk with avocado and Max really liked it (DH called it "Breastamole"). Sweet potato was also a big hit here and of all things, spinach. I would steam it and run it through the food mill, and he just loved it.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

imagekeri1013:
    DH called it "Breastamole"

Breastamole is the funniest thing ever!

Max LOVED sweet potatoes and yams. He still does. He also loved carrots, squash, broccoli, prunes, applesauce, and pureed plums.

We still have pureed prunes on hand for constipation issues.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    Breastamole is awesome.  I think we'll add that to the menu tonight, just so I can tell her about it when she's a teenager.  Buwuhahaha!
  • Options

Yay! That is so exciting. You know, I have never tried to give DS avacado. I might have to try it. He loves his veggies with the exception of carrots. =/

Good luck! I think your DD will love feeding herself and trying new foods. =D 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"