Parenting
Options

We put up our Christmas Tree last night!

I have a serious problem with Christmas. It is my most favorite time of the year. I love everything about it --- the decorations, the food, the present buying, the smells -- everything! I have been burning my Balsm & Cedar candle for a week and I've had nothing by Xmas music on Pandora since the begining of the month!

DH had to go to our storage unit yesterday (our house is for sale and we de-cluttered a lot), so I told him to bring all the Christmas stuff back with him.

We have a fake tree and once the girls saw it they begged for us to put it up.

So we spent Halloween Eve putting up our tree!

I can't imagine what any potential buyer will think if we have a showing, LOL.

Re: We put up our Christmas Tree last night!

• Options

wow! I love Christmas also, but apparently not quite that much!  

I may put it out before Thanksgiving, but DD's party is that weekend, so I'll likely wait til that's over.   

• Options
    I REALLY love Christmas but damn thats just plain nuts!
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you and Heidisean would get along!  :-) 
  • Options
    oohh. Pandora has christmas music? I'm so there..
    image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
  • Options
    You're a girl after my own heart!
    L 7/06 E 8/07 L 6/10 imageimageimage
  • Options
    Wow. I'd be sick of it by Thanksgiving.
  • Options

imagepraline:
    I think you and Heidisean would get along!  :-) 

LOL!!

And plus, you're every HGTV host's worst nightmare

• Options
    Seems early, but if it makes you happy, who cares! Enjoy. 
  • Options
    Doesn't the house look it's best when it's decorated?  Mine anyway....so good for you!  ; )  Happy Christmaween.
  • Options
    won't it be completely dead & shedding all of its needles by Xmas?  
  • Options

imagesummerbrideDC:
    won't it be completely dead & shedding all of its needles by Xmas?  

I think you missed the "fake tree" part.....lol ;)

• Options
    haha! I totally did, Jetta.  I guess that alleviates that problem, then.  :-)
  • Options

I'm with you.  I love everything about the holiday.  I have what I think is very tasteful Christmas decor.  This year, though I'm only doing the tree.  Our house isn't huge and thankfully we're selling and building next year.  But, with two little ones eating at the table, I can't put out my PB dishes.  We eat at the DR table.  Kitchen table too small.  I really should get rid of it. 

Plus, #2 is into everything, so I'm really keeping it to the minimum of the tree.  And, probably a front door wreath.  And, I'l put out my Santa carved out of a tree trunk. 

I hope you sell your house, but I can't imagine having to pack all that and then put it out again in a new house.  It may be good for potential buyers, though.  They'll see how it'll look for them, too.

• Options
    Way too early.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options
    I am obessed with Christmas I love everything about it. That being said this is just strange. Oh and my realtor would have my head on a platter if I decorated for Christmas right now, in fact unless we close on our new house first other than a tree and some garland after Thanksgiving she nixed all other holiday decorations.
  • Options
    DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • Options

Wow. That's crazy early. I would never do it if my house was on the market. That's NOT going to do you any favors, especially in this market.

I have a husband birthday, Thanksgiving, 2 kids' birthdays and my FILs birthday to get through first.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    LOL....Last night, we carved our Halloween pumpkins and went out on our front porch to set them up. We glanced across the street and were amazed to see that our neighbors had Christmas lights on their house, including a giant lit snowflake! Christmas seems to be coming earlier every year!
    ~ Liz, mommy to:
    DD, 1/7/05 * DS #1, 1/25/07 * DS #2, 11/11/09
    Baby #4, EDD 11/11/12
    m/c 7/30/08 at 12 weeks (blighted ovum, emergency D&C)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think this is kidn of silly given that your house is on the market, no?  Why would you jeporadize a sale?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am Christmas-obsessed, too... I'm putting my son's tiny fake tree in his room today! :)  I never get sick of it.  I listen to Christmas music year-round.
  • Options
    I love Christmas too, but I hate that the decorations get put out earlier and earlier every year in stores. Let us finish Halloween and Thanksgiving before we get bombarded by Christmas. In my house, October = Halloween decorations, November = fall decorations/Thanksgiving, December = Christmas.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    I LOVE the holiday season but yea. It's just a little too early. I also agree with it being weird you put it up now since your house is for sale. If I were a potential buyer, I'd think it was really odd.
  • Options

I love love LOVE Christmas. We start putting our decorations up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and even then, I'm sick of it the day after Christmas.

I would be so annoyed by the time Christmas came around if I put them up this early. Let me get through the other 2 holidays that come before Christmas....lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"