December 2010 Moms

Flu shot....Who's getting one and where?

So Doc suggested it be a great idea for me to get a flu shot since we are in the cold and flu stages now. Anyone else going for this and where are you going to get it? I know Walgreens always has them but what if I'm not near one?

Re: Flu shot....Who's getting one and where?

• I got mine at the OB office a few weeks ago.  I would call your dr and ask if they give them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I already had my flu shot.  I was able to get it at my OB's office. Target does them, and of course there's always going to your general practitioner's office for one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got mine at my OB's office.
  • My OB is giving them out.. I get mine this Wednesday....I never got one in my life before so I hope everything goes well..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had never gotten one before so when my OB said it was recommended I asked her where I should go to get one and she kinda laughed and pulled one out and gave it to me right then and there.  I think most OB offices probably have them, but you might be able to get it cheaper through your work or some other way. mine cost $25.
  • Also, most OBs will offer the thimerosal-free flu vaccines, as they are better for pregnant ladies.  I don't believe Walgreens offers these
  • I got mine at Walgreens!
    imageimage
  • I got mine from my doctor who offers them free to his expecting moms.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • Got it a month ago at the OB.  They were offering it and I was there for my monthly appointment.  Perfect timing!
    Baby #2 due: 04/23/2013 DD: 01/03/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got mine at my OB last week. I was told you can only get the preservative free shot.
  • I got one at work for free. My OB suggested I get one but didn't have them to give. My family doctor had them and that's where my H got his. I didn't go to my doctor for it because I didn't feel like driving out to the office when i could get it at work.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I got mine at my OB's office and it cost $25.  My work also has had several flu shot clinics.  And I know CVS has them, which is probably where DH will get his.

It was my first time getting it and my arm was sore for a few days afterward.

Pregnancy Ticker

• My MFM (high risk OB) gave me mine at my 29 week appt.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imagephdgal:
    Also, most OBs will offer the thimerosal-free flu vaccines, as they are better for pregnant ladies.  I don't believe Walgreens offers these

I got mine at Walgreens and it was preservative-free. They do have both kinds.

My OB/GYN office is also offering them, giving their pregnant patients priority. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got mine a couple weeks ago at Rite Aid, preservative free.
    photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Already gave myself mine, SO, and DS1....
  • I am going to my regular doctor today to get mine.  It is in the same building as my OB, so I get to kill two birds w/one stone today.
  • My OB recommended it so they gave me a shot at their office.
  • I went to Walgreen's a couple weeks ago and got one. Make sure they know you're pregnant, they gave me a different one that didn't contain  preservatives for whatever reason.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

~Amanda
    All are welcome in my posts

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"