Attachment Parenting
Options

Lots of questions Re: BW, BLW, Food and Blogs

Bear with me, its been a long weekend and I have a lot of things on my mind...

The first thing is baby wearing. Right now I have a hotsling and a 20 pound 5-month-old. Its getting uncomfortable for both of us. I'm looking for something that is inexpensive that will last for a while. Any recs?

Also, what about winter baby wearing? We spend about one to three hours daily outside doing chores and I'm trying to consider my options for what to do with DS in the winter. I can definitely shorten my time outdoors, but it would be impossible to cut it out completely. Its only about 40 degrees right now, but I have DS in a fleece "suit" and hat, in the sling and a sweatshirt of DH's zipped over the top.

When do you start baby led weaning and with what foods? DS has been so interested in food that we've been trying it on a limited basis. I'm pretty much going to give up cereal and baby food and go strictly to BLW.

Which leads me into my final question. I'm so disgusted by the amount of processed food in our diet. Does anyone have any suggestions of books or blogs about replacing the highly processed foods in our diet with things that are home made but not outrageously expensive?

If you got through all of this, thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lots of questions Re: BW, BLW, Food and Blogs

• Options

Regarding winter bw, I totally recommend the peekaru vest.  You can use them for front or back carries.  I love ours so, so, so much.  You can wear a long-sleeved shirt under the vest or wear a winter coat over the vest.  Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Peekaru-Original-Fleece-Carrier-Medium/dp/B001E5BZF4

• Options

For you, I think a woven or a Structured carrier for back carries would be best.  How cold will it be getting where you are?  I would go for a heavy duty woven for winter for you though.  If it helps you can resell it after you don't need it any longer.  If you can't afford buying one look on the baby wearer under DIY options.  I believe Osnaburg is the fabric you can use and DIY.  The wrap would make it hands free for you, and provide your DS with extra warmth, and put him to sleep while you did your chores.  A ring sling is also an option, but honestly it sounds like you have to do a lot of stuff outside and the back carry gives you the most freedom of motion.

Look up a book called baby lead weaning, though honestly we just go with what we feel.  If we are eating something and she demands it we pretty much give it to her unless it is candy or something unsafe like chicken with bones.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Regarding the processed foods: I went vegan for a couple of years and that made me cut out so many processed foods...I also found that cooking was so much easier when you don't have to worry about meat, haha.  I'm not vegan now, but I looove my Vegan Planet cookbook.  It's got amazing soups, salads, chilis, stews, etc.  There are some more complicated and gourmet recipes in there, but there are also a lot of simple ones. 
  • Options

I also recommend the peekaru :)

As for Baby-Led Weaning- this is the book I read and it is great :)

https://www.rapleyweaning.com/

My family definitely indulges on our sweets and things once in a while, but overall we eat healthy whole foods- I recently found this website and have used a couple of the recipes...the banana chocolate chip cookies are phenomenal and have NO sugar, eggs or flour in them...they are healthy enough to eat as breakfast bars :)  Hopefully you can find some recipes here that will help get you started!  www.weelicious.com

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"