Pregnant after a Loss

Confession

Yesterday DH and I stopped at T.J. Max to look for some new sunglasses, and they had all the Halloween stuff on clearance. I *may* have purchased a baby "My 1st Halloween" outfit for 3-6 months with a super cute pumpkin hat. Embarrassed It was $1.50 so I gave in.

With the first pregnancy I bought some bibs on clearance, and during our trip to Ecuador (where DH is from) in 2009 I bought a handmade baby poncho in anticipation of our future LO.

What is your take on buying things early? I don't buy into the superstitions anymore. If you m/c, it has nothing to do with whether or not you bought things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Confession

• I didn't/haven't bought anything because I don't think I'd want to see it if I had another m/c.  I also am fortunate enough to have a son already and think that I probably have more than I'll need packed away in our basement. 

With that being said, I have browsed sites for maternity wear even though I know it'll be a while until I even need that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • I don't, not out of fear of jinxing so much as not wanting those reminders around if something happens. Gathering things up for a sad little box that I hide in a corner of a closet was really hard, the first time, and I really don't ever want to do it again.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGalena99:

I didn't/haven't bought anything because I don't think I'd want to see it if I had another m/c.  I also am fortunate enough to have a son already and think that I probably have more than I'll need packed away in our basement. 

With that being said, I have browsed sites for maternity wear even though I know it'll be a while until I even need that. 

I keep my purchases hidden in the guest room chest of drawers. No one goes in there except occasional guests, and no one uses those drawers. 

• imageambrandau2:
    I don't, not out of fear of jinxing so much as not wanting those reminders around if something happens. Gathering things up for a sad little box that I hide in a corner of a closet was really hard, the first time, and I really don't ever want to do it again.

My purchases have been limited to 3 small items. I will probably stop there. 

• We bought a convertable carseat from KMart when it was on sale. I think I was 8 weeks when we got it. I'm not much for superstitions. I had decided that it was a great deal and if the worst happened I would give it to my best friend who is due in December.

I say picking up some little things here and there isn't a bad idea. Wink

"Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • I am not planning on buying anything for a long time, just in case anything would happen. I would not want those reminders around.
  • I bought some stuff last time.  Not a lot, just really cute things I couldn't pass up.  This time I think I will try to hold off for a little.  But if I see something really cute, I will buy it. 

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• If I see something cute I plan on buying it. When I got to Target tomorrow for discounted Halloween items, I plan on lookingat 3-6 month costumes. I waited last time; I'm not waiting this time.
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • I have a pregnancy journal that I ordered on Amazon, plus I ordered two little baby books. When I had my m/c in August, I had to go through and erase ALL of the dates in the journal and hide all of the books in the back of my closet. That's all I have right now, I haven't even had a chance in the 6 days I have known I am pregnant to think of purchasing anything.

I did set up all of my bookmarks online again, tons of sites for maternity clothes, other sites like babysteals.com and babyhalfoff.com. So glad I kept them all listed in a text file on my computer from August.

BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was freaked about buying things until a few weeks ago Embarrassed But now Abby has a few really cute PJs and a dress... and a Beatle's onesie. I'm addicted to buying stuff I have to stop myself
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I bought a few things earlier than I thought I would- probably around the start of second tri. My mom bought me a bunch of clothes, etc and it scared the crap out of me but when nothing bad happened it kind of encouraged me so I've been watching places like zulily for deals and when I see something irresistible I will buy it.

I agree that the reason I never did at first was because I didn't want to have to pack everything up if something happened. 

BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say go for it - enjoy the pregnancy as much as possible!
    Married - 09/26/2009 BFP #1 - 01/17/2010 EDD - 09/10/2010 M/C - 02/03/2010 at 8 w 5 d D&C - 02/13/2010 at 10 w 1 d BFP #2 - 07/14/2010 EDD - 03/27/2011 Luke stillborn - 11/11/2010 at 20 w 4 d BFP #3 - 03/16/2011 EDD - 11/27/2011
  • I've gotten a cute onesie on every trip we've taken since starting TTCing.  I don't believe in jinxes.  
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I missed your BFP so just wanted to say congratulations!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"