Cloth Diapering
Options

How do you put on prefolds?

Ladies, my DS is almost a month old and we are just starting to try out the CD's that I purchased before he was born.  I have a variety in my stash including several PF's, fitteds, thirsties XS coveres, BG and FB pockets, and one BG AIO.

We have only tried 2 PF's with a cover and 4-5 fitteds with covers so far.  We're still using disposables fairly regularly until we get the hang of this new CD experience.

I knew that PF's would be sopping wet, but it still shocked us at how unbelievably soaked they are.  Also, both times we used the PF with a cover, it leaked through.  We used the tri-fold.

How do you put on a PF with a cover?  Tri-fold stuffed in the cover? Or do you use a snappi?

My Ovulation Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2009: irregular cycles
BFP 1/20/10, EDD 9/28/10, born 10/5/10

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:
BFP 2/8/12, MC @ 5 weeks; BFP 3/22/12, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks; BFP 9/10/12, MC @ 6 weeks

Started seeing RE Nov 2012. Chromosomal test and all other tests came back "normal". Unexplained MCs. Found mild hytpothyroidism. Two unmedicated cycles, both BFNs. First medicated cycle (clomid, ovidrel) 1/23/13. Low progesterone found during 9DPO P4 test = 7.6. Put on prometrium supplements.

BFP 2/16/13; 2/18/13 (13 dpo): Beta #1=52.8, progesterone=18.7; estrogen = 412; Dr. increased progesterone dosage.
2/21/13 (16 dpo): Beta #2 = 269; progesterone = 32.4
2/25/13 (20 dpo): Beta #3 = 1,236
2/28/13 (23 dpo): Beta #4 = ?? tbd

Re: How do you put on prefolds?

• Options

Angel wing fold with Snappi.

GL!

• Options
    At first I did bikini twist, now I do angel wing fold. I use a snappi.  I wanted to trifold at first but it was too bulky between her legs, and now that she is bigger I've gotten good with the folds :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDr.Loretta:

Angel wing fold with Snappi.

GL!

This. Works best, secure on R's legs so no leaks or blow outs!

• Options
    We did either Angel Wing (DH) or Bikini Twist (me) with snappi.  One thing, if you're going back and forth between sposies and cloth, sposies are definitely more absorbent than pfs and of course are dry feeling.  If this is a problem for your LOs skin and changing often isn't working (I'm talking every hour or hour and half for sure, if not sooner) then get some fleece at a fabric store and just cut it into liners.  This will give you a stay dry inner for your baby's comfort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageGypsyEsq:
    We did either Angel Wing (DH) or Bikini Twist (me) with snappi.  One thing, if you're going back and forth between sposies and cloth, sposies are definitely more absorbent than pfs and of course are dry feeling.  If this is a problem for your LOs skin and changing often isn't working (I'm talking every hour or hour and half for sure, if not sooner) then get some fleece at a fabric store and just cut it into liners.  This will give you a stay dry inner for your baby's comfort.

Thanks for the advice!!

My Ovulation Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2009: irregular cycles
    BFP 1/20/10, EDD 9/28/10, born 10/5/10

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:
    BFP 2/8/12, MC @ 5 weeks; BFP 3/22/12, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks; BFP 9/10/12, MC @ 6 weeks

Started seeing RE Nov 2012. Chromosomal test and all other tests came back "normal". Unexplained MCs. Found mild hytpothyroidism. Two unmedicated cycles, both BFNs. First medicated cycle (clomid, ovidrel) 1/23/13. Low progesterone found during 9DPO P4 test = 7.6. Put on prometrium supplements.

BFP 2/16/13; 2/18/13 (13 dpo): Beta #1=52.8, progesterone=18.7; estrogen = 412; Dr. increased progesterone dosage.
    2/21/13 (16 dpo): Beta #2 = 269; progesterone = 32.4
    2/25/13 (20 dpo): Beta #3 = 1,236
    2/28/13 (23 dpo): Beta #4 = ?? tbd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"