June 2011 Moms
Options

DH rant

Ok, so I absolutely adore DH, he has spoiled me unbelievably since the day I met him, but we live in rural wisconsin, so from september through december is deer hunting.  any day he gets done with work at 5 (or if he has teh day off) he books out to the woods, and is there until dark.  Pre-pregnancy that was fine, we would watch a movie/make supper after 7, but since my BFP my energy is zapped and by 7 I am trying my hardest to stay awake. 

I was a team player last night and went out for supper after he got in from the woods, then to a movie.  Well of course he wants to go out tonight, but there is a lot of stuff i wanted to get done this weekend that I need his help on (cleaning the litter pans, prepping meals for the week, etc that extra hour would help, but of course he'll run to the woods and I will try my hardest to try to stay awake til he gets in.  

Never thought I would say this, but I can't wait til december!

Re: DH rant

• Options
    You are a good wife! I'm not sure I could put up with that on a regular basis!  He owes you big time in December!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

I agree with pp. My husband coaches varsity soccer, and from August until about a week ago, he's never home. Drive me nuts, but at least it's something he loves to do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, he loves it (and I love the venison) but its all he thinks about!
  • Options
    My DH is a hunter too. Could you maybe take a nap while he is out hunting so that you have more energy when he gets home?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageSeaofclouds:
    My DH is a hunter too. Could you maybe take a nap while he is out hunting so that you have more energy when he gets home?

I wish that were possible, but if I do that, then I will be out for the night, (have tried it before... doesn't work too well) I'm usually up for the day by 6:30-7, and by 7pm I'm dead tired!  

• Options
    imagenikkitaft:

I wish that were possible, but if I do that, then I will be out for the night, (have tried it before... doesn't work too well) I'm usually up for the day by 6:30-7, and by 7pm I'm dead tired!  

Well that sucks. I hope your DH makes it up to you once hunting season is over!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sorry that you're having a hard time getting things done with DH!  I definitely understand!  My DH is a management consultant, and travels a decent amount for work.  He's also getting his MBA part-time, in the evenings, so at least twice a week, he's not home until close to 10pm, and wants dinner then (and we're up at 7am for work every day.)  

He also just accepted a position at a more prestigious company for after he graduates, right after the baby is born, where he'll most likely be out of town at least 4 nights a week, every week!  

I'm just trying to remember that it's hard on him too (especially now when he's at school after work!), and that everything he's doing is for the long-term benefit of our family!  

But sometimes I just want to scream too!!! 

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"