Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Anyone know anything about chemical burns?

Annabelle uses Pampers, and up until now we've had NO issues. No sort of rash or anything. Aside from the UTI, but the docs didnt think that was caused by the diapers.

Anyways, yesterday I noticed a little blister on her inner thigh. It wasnt close to her privates, so I figured maybe the diaper was rubbing against her skin. She's still in size 1's since she's only 12 lbs. (At least she was at her last appointment, and they dont look too snug or anything) So I figured we'd switch once we ran out. 

Today I noticed another blister. This one was closer to her bottom, but not anywhere I'd consider a diaper rash, since I figure those are on the actual private parts. Well the first little sore/blister was brand new skin by this point and if I wiped it, I could tell that blood was coming back. Not a lot at all, but enough that when I put my finger on it, I had a very tiny amount on my finger. 

Finally, tonight when I changed her, probably an hour ago, she has little bumps on her privates. So we're doing the diaper cream and stuff, but I was on 6-9 and read their post about pampers, and someone said chemical burn. So now I'm all freaked out that those two little sores/blisters may be chemical burns. Ugh Anyone have any advice or experience with that? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone know anything about chemical burns?

• Do the diapers have that DryMax stuff? That's what was causing chemical burns in those babies.

I would recommend switching to a different diaper and calling your pedi.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • I second calling the pedi, but if you've been using the same diapers (from same box) for a while with no issue, its not likely chemical burns, regardless - get them checked out and maybe try huggies for a bit (go up to size 2 in those, I find they run a little smaller than pampers) good luck, hope she feels better
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamy0105:
    I second calling the pedi, but if you've been using the same diapers (from same box) for a while with no issue, its not likely chemical burns, regardless - get them checked out and maybe try huggies for a bit (go up to size 2 in those, I find they run a little smaller than pampers) good luck, hope she feels better

Thanks. Yeah, we've used over half the box, so I have no clue why it happened all of a sudden. I over loaded her with diaper cream, so I'll still go ahead and call her pedi in the morning. I need to schedule her 4 mo appt anyways. lol 

How's your little one doing, Amy? I hardly see you on anymore! :]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How are the sores/blisters starting? Does it look like a pimple and then turns into a sore or are they red from the start?

I would definately stop using wipes and go out and get some sensitive diapers. It could clear it right up. DD was allergic to Huggies which was odd but we stopped using them and her rash went away.

• my oldest had something similar as an infant, it eventually (after a day or two) spread to her hands and feet...hand, foot, and mouth disease. it looked like little pimples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"