Baby Showers

DD'ers are lame, biscuit1985

Sorry you don't like the truth, maybe next time you can ask someone to tell you what you want to hear? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

Re: DD'ers are lame, biscuit1985

• For a slow Sunday, that was the most entertaining thread of the day.  Biscuit1985, I'm not sure what kind of responses you were expecting, but sometimes the truth hurts. That's no reason to DD, though!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChatterboxBride09:
    Awww, what did I miss?

Summary: 

She came on here, venting because the place she wanted to have her shower at wasn't available on the date she wanted to have it.  

"You're planning your own shower?"

"Well, my friend was going to host it, but she's flaked out"

"If no one else has stepped up, then you shouldn't host it yourself"

"But I want a shower"

"We get that, but sometimes we don't get what we want.  If no one is hosting it for you, you can have a party after the baby arrives, but you shouldn't have your own shower"

"But I want a shower.  I don't want people at my house.  My Fi and I have already bought and paid for everything for the shower, we just need someone to host it for us"

"Sucks to be you, but if no one wants to host a shower for you, you still shouldn't host it yourself"

"But I want a shower.  I'll just find someone to host it!"

"Do you buy your own christmas presents, give them to your friends to give them back to you?"

":stomp stomp pout pout:"

"Loser"

":deletes post:"

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:

imageChatterboxBride09:
    Awww, what did I miss?

Summary: 

She came on here, venting because the place she wanted to have her shower at wasn't available on the date she wanted to have it.  

"But I want a shower"

"We get that, but sometimes we don't get what we want.  If no one is hosting it for you, you can have a party after the baby arrives, but you shouldn't have your own shower"

"But I want a shower.  I don't want people at my house.  My Fi and I have already bought and paid for everything for the shower, we just need someone to host it for us"

"Sucks to be you, but if no one wants to host a shower for you, you still shouldn't host it yourself"

"Do you buy your own christmas presents, give them to your friends to give them back to you?"

"Loser"

That was one of the best DD recaps I've ever seen. I don't feel like I missed anything!

• imageBallSox:

imageChatterboxBride09:
    Awww, what did I miss?

Summary: 

"But I want a shower"

"Loser"

Hopefully they'll feel better after going trick or treating.

I got into an argument with a 17 year on TheKnot about the MANY reasons why she cannot throw her own bridal shower. She'd even asked her bridesmaids, Mom and future MIL to throw her one and ALL of them had declined. Her solution was to go buy everything herself and throw herself a shower AFTER they eloped....Um fantastic logic? 

• Thank you BallSox - that was awesome!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:
    Thank you BallSox - that was awesome!

yw---I've developed a talent for recapping the best parts.  :-D  

• imageBallSox:

imageChatterboxBride09:
    Awww, what did I miss?

Summary: 

"But I want a shower"

"Loser"

Awesome.  It was like I was right there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BallSox, you're my favourite.
    I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with the others BallSox...you rock.  Thanks for the recap - I was at Halloween parties all day and missed the whole thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"