TTC after 35
Options

The dreaded antibiotics

Well, I did what my RE ordered - I took the 7 days of antibiotics he required and now I have to deal with the horrible YI.  I'm sure you all now how miserable they are.  I tried Monistat and that didn't help at all.  If anything, it made it worse.  I'm waiting for the doctor to call in my Diflucan so I can get some relief.

The main reason I am complaining is because ovulation is days away and as you know with a YI there is no "trying" going on.  According to my calendar, ovulation is due on the 4th.  So far my tests show I am not but this will be cutting it close.  So aggravating after last month being a bust since I did HSG on day 10 and we missed our window!

Ladies, how do you deal with the stuff? 

You have no idea how much it means to me to have all of you here for support.

Julie Trying to Conceive Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Re: The dreaded antibiotics

• Options

Ugh, I'm so sorry. That is super annoying and frustrating. Can your doctor give you a 1 day or 3 day prescription for the YI? The last one I had they gave me a 3 day and it worked fine.

I deal with timing issue frustrations too - my DH travels a ton and he's often not home on the right days. We do our best. This month he's supposed to be gone the entire week I'm fertile. I told him he just has to be home at least part of it. I know he wants a baby as bad as I do but its frustrating for both of us.

Hope you get healthy quickly and are able to give it a try the right days this cycle!

• Options

Can your RE just Rx something for your DH while he's at it? Wink

I hope it clears up quickly and doesn't get in the way of TTC.

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What antibiotic did you take? My RE always gives me doxycyline and I haven't had YI problems with that one.  You might ask about taking pro-biotics with it to help stave off the YI.  Hope you get the diflucan soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    {{{Hugs}}} Sometimes the Monostat takes a few days to work.  I hope you get relief soon and don't miss your window!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually take acidofolis (spelling is probably off) pills and double up when I on an antibiotic.  It keeps the dreaded YI away.
  • Options

Yes, take acidophilus pills  - you get them over the counter at the drugstore but they are behind the prescription counter because you have to refrigerate them. It's like eating a MASS amount of yogurt. I think the Diflucan works the best and it's quick. 

I once paged a dr to get the prescription called in for the same reason. They called it in! Wanted to be ready to ovulation.

Good luck!

• Options

The RE prescribed Doxycycline for my round of antibiotics.  I should have remember that is one of the antibiotics that cause YIs with me.  After no relief from Monistat, I called my GYN (me RE told me to call him to get the medication, why, I don't know) and he prescribed me Diflucan.  But gave me two.  I took one on Friday and the second today.  It's pretty much gone, thank goodness.  Tested this morning and no ovulation, so I think we might be okay.  According to the calendar the ovulation date is Wednesday.

Thanks for all of your advice and support.

Julie Trying to Conceive Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"