December 2010 Moms
Options

Happy 35/35 Dec 5 Mamas!

Few questions in honor of reaching 35/35 

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives?

Have you had your shower yet?

Strangest baby gift received? 

Do you know how to swaddle?

Are you dressing up tonight?

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? 

Anything else? 

Re: Happy 35/35 Dec 5 Mamas!

• Options
    What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? A few things...I've been holding off washing LOs clothes until after my showers.  I need to finish packing the hospital bag, but it's mostly done. I know there is more but I'm tired and can see muffins taunting me from the kitchen so I'm distracted.Have you had your shower yet? My friend shower was yesterday and was everything I'd hoped it would be. I even had a surprise guest fly up from southern california to attend. And the Giants lost last night, what a fantastic day haha. My family shower is November 14th. Strangest baby gift received?  Wee-wee teepees! My friend's mom bought us a set and I've never heard of them but laughed so hard when I read the instructions. Do you know how to swaddle? On a baby doll....I'm thinking it might be more difficult on a squirming LO though.  Are you dressing up tonight? I really wanted to but I've been on bed rest so I didn't really want to order a costume online and couldn't really make one this year either. Oh well, the trick or treaters care as long as I'm handing out snickers. Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after?  I'm thinking he might be here by Thanksgiving.  
  • Options
    What do you have left to get done before LO arrives?Put in the car seat, finish cleaning the house, pack hospital back, prepare birth plan, Oh so much!! Have you had your shower yet?I had one for the out of town family back in Sept and I have an in town family one next Sunday. Strangest baby gift received? Car seat strap covers. They slide over the car seat straps and supposed to be more comfy for LO.  I was told they are unsafe, I believe the source, she is an OB nurse. And they look a little creepy.  Monkey heads... Do you know how to swaddle?A doll Are you dressing up tonight?I dressed up Friday night for a party... as a peapod.  The costume turned out really cute and it was liked by a lot of people. Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? Before, I have GD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ciongratulations to all the other December 5th Momma's and Babes!! Only 35 days left until due date!!  

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Finish washing baby things, have carpets cleaned, get drywall up in basement. (random I know)

Have you had your shower yet? Had my first shower October 9th, 2nd shower date TBA I find out tomorrow what the final date is.

Strangest baby gift received? A very creepy porcelian doll, that looks like a baby. M's mom's friend gave it to us, its very old and very creepy!!

Do you know how to swaddle? Yes I do it about 50 times a day at work.

Are you dressing up tonight? Nope Im working until 730pm then going home to give out candy to the later trick-or-treaters.

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? I have a feeling I may, but M thinks we will have her on December 10th

Anything else? I am done work on Thursday!! Woo Hoo!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Decide on a name and buy more cloth diapers

Have you had your shower yet? N/a (this is my second child)

Strangest baby gift received? N/a

Do you know how to swaddle? yes. DS loved to be swaddled

Are you dressing up tonight? No

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? Yes. They want to induce me at 38 or 39 weeks due to low fluid if I don't have him before then. I'm hoping to go into labor on my own though, so hopefully he'll decide to come right before whenever they schedule it on his own.

• Options

almost there ladies!

I have lots left to do.  I need to set up the nursery its still being used as a computer room its a mess, get the car seat in the car, wash his clothes, get my hospital bag ready.

I had my baby showers already Oct 10 and 16.

I did not receive any odd gifts.

I do know how to swaddle, thanks to taking care of two nieces. 

I will not be dressing up tonight, maybe a witch hat.

I have GD, Its a possibility that he will be here before 12/5.  I want to make it past Thanksgiving.

• Options

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Clean the house, sterilize bottles, wash bedding, decorate nursery, pack hospital bag, and a few other dozen things or so it seems.

Have you had your shower yet? Had it on 10/3 it was wonderful!

Strangest baby gift received? a $30 shop rite gift card.

Do you know how to swaddle? Nope but I'm told they will teach me at the hospital after he is born.

Are you dressing up tonight? Nope. I wish i was but nothing would fit and nowhere to go. I can't wait till Halloween next year.

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? I think before. My original due date was 11/30 and LO's gestational age lines up with that date per my last ultra sound. That and everyone keeps saying, "you'll never make it till the 5th".

• Options
     35 more days. Yikes.  We are so not prepared.  I feel like time is flying and with DH doing work/school I feel like we have no time to get anything done.What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Carseat installed, finish nursery, wash clothing/bedding. Deep clean our house so the guests don't think we are total slobs. Oh and I still need to pack a hospital bag and take a birthing class next weekend.Have you had your shower yet? Yep done with shower. Now I need to buy anything else we didn't receive and get everything organized.Strangest baby gift received? Nothing unusal. Everyone stuck to the registry.Do you know how to swaddle? Nope. Clueless.Are you dressing up tonight? I have a black long sleeve tee with a felt 8 ball that I am sticking to my tummy.Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? We will be before.  OB said due to my large fibroid she won't let me go to my due date. Congrats to all the Dec 5th mama's. We will be meeting our LO's before we know it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageIvee4:

35 more days. Yikes.  We are so not prepared.  I feel like time is flying and with DH doing work/school I feel like we have no time to get anything done.

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Carseat installed, finish nursery, wash clothing/bedding. Deep clean our house so the guests don't think we are total slobs. Oh and I still need to pack a hospital bag and take a birthing class next weekend.

Have you had your shower yet? Yep done with shower. Now I need to buy anything else we didn't receive and get everything organized.

Strangest baby gift received? Nothing unusal. Everyone stuck to the registry.

Do you know how to swaddle? Nope. Clueless.

Are you dressing up tonight? I have a black long sleeve tee with a felt 8 ball that I am sticking to my tummy.

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? We will be before.  OB said due to my large fibroid she won't let me go to my due date.

Congrats to all the Dec 5th mama's. We will be meeting our LO's before we know it! 

Shoot. Pregnancy brain (first time I have used this excuse ha-ha).  We also need to come up with a girl name. We are stumped. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Move. We're deciding between renting a house for a year before we buy out here or staying in our apartment. Our lease is up Dec 24th. If we do move we will try to have the house and apartment for a month so we aren't rushed to move if LO comes early.

Have you had your shower yet? Yes.

Strangest baby gift received? Socks that were sewn together to look like a baby outfit that I am supposed to unstitch and wear as socks. These socks would fit Shaq.

Do you know how to swaddle? Yep.

Are you dressing up tonight? I dressed up last night as Buddha. I forgot my camera but my friend took pictures.

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? After. She is going to be stubborn like DH and not want to come out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1.  we are moving, just bought a house. we close nov. 30th, so that basically.  then set up the nursery once we move in.   install car seat/base, finish packing hospital bag, revise birth plan, continue working (even though i can't stand it, we need the money).

2.  had both showers 9-26 and 10-2

3. my DH's grandma gave us a 'grandkids' picture frame???  we don't think she meant to give us the frame, but she is a bit spacey. it was strange.

4.  on a doll

5.  nope

6.  after. but everyone says before which aggrivates me. just because i have a large belly and we are having a huge baby doesn't mean i'm going early. our MW even said that other people's opinions are crap because there's no way of telling when labor will onset or what causes it to start! jeez.      i think baby will be late. 

• Options
    imageChatterboxBride09:

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Ummmm, everything!  Seriously though...just really 'cleaning' the house and finishing up his nursery.

Have you had your shower yet? We have been very generously given a few of them and the last one was yesterday.

Strangest baby gift received? This goofy "Tummy Time Play Mat" that basically looks like a giant stuffed animal without any stuffing...it's made of some faux fur stuff that sheds like crazy so I don't exactly think it's baby friendly.

Do you know how to swaddle? Yup

Are you dressing up tonight? Not really, I have some stuff by the door in case we get trick-or-treaters (we've never been home on Halloween)

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? Hmmm, I'm going to guess afterwards.

Anything else? OSC going into labor has seriously lit a fire under my a$$ to get stuff done.  I think I was in denial until this afternoon. 

• Options

What do you have left to get done before LO arrives? Buy and assemble crib, changing table, install car seat, take Prenatal classes, organize baby's room, make and freeze meals ahead,....i'm sure I'm missing something else.

Have you had your shower yet? Yes

Strangest baby gift received?  I haven't received anything strange.

Do you know how to swaddle? Not yet

Are you dressing up tonight? I didn't dress up for Halloween.

Do you think you'll deliver before 12/5 or after? Unknown.  I really don't have a feeling either way.

Anything else? Nope, I'm just getting anxious, many of my friends had their LO's this year and so l've been looking at their FB pages to see their LO's in costumes.  I'm getting excited and scared at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"