Pediatric Dentist — The Bump
South Florida Babies

Pediatric Dentist

Hi, ladies. I'm looking for a good pediatric dentist in and around Davie/Plantation/Pines area. DD is just over 2 so I thought now would be a good time to make our first visit. Also, if you have already had your first visit, any tips, how'd it go, etc? I'm really nervous that DD won't cooperate. And she's still a little too young to understand reasoning. I was wondering if I should take her along to my own appointment first. Thanks for any advice and tips!

Re: Pediatric Dentist

• My eldest has high-functioning autism and Dr. Sherman was recommended to us. He's very good with special-needs children, but really with children in general. His techs, who do most of the cleaning btw, are very well-trained as well. They really know children and how to ease their feers and get them to open their mouths. No matter where you take her, I would recommend checking out "The Berenstein Bears Go to the Dentist" at the library. It would give her some inkling of what tools are used and why. GL

• honestly, most kids do better than you think. Both my boys have started going since age one and honestly it wasn't a big deal at all. They cried a bit but the dentist is use to it, he sees it everyday and it only last a few minutes. no biggie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards