January 2011 Moms
Options

Just spent an hour in the kitchen and it looks like I did nothing

We had a cabinet that turned in to a crap cabinet (kind of like a crap drawer).  Well I planned to put all of the kids stuff in there.  Sippy cups, plates, bowls, bottles and anything like that.  I have just spent an hour in the kitchen and besides getting that cleaned out, putting the kids stuff in there and all the bottle parts in their drawers (plastic thing I use for for bottles) it looks like I have done nothing and it looks worse then it was before hand.  Dh is going to come home in a few hours from the Raiders game and think I did nothing that I had planned for today.  My hope is before we take dd out tonight for tot that I have the kitchen and dinning room cleaned, organized, vacuumed and steammed moped but does not look like thats going to happen.  Plus get clothes washed, dried and folded in between all that.  I dont know how we have gotten so much crap in this tiny house but some how we did.

Re: Just spent an hour in the kitchen and it looks like I did nothing

• Options
    I feel like all I do is clean and organize this house. Only to do it all over again the next day. Sometimes I miss our little 2 bedroom apartment. Hope you get everything done you need to before tonight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Before I moved here (dh owned the house before we got together) I rented a room.  I sometimes miss only having that one room because I did not have places to put things so I really did not have anything. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Exactly. I feel like the more space we get the more crap we get to fill it. Somedays I just want to go through our house and take a truck load of stuff to Goodwill and be able to look at clean empty shelves and rooms :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The sad part is shortly after we had dd we went thru the whole house and rented a dumpster for the inside and outside of the house (we were getting rid of tons of yard work stuff) to get rid of it all put tons of stuff up on free cycle.  Well its not that bad know but its bad.
  • Options
    I'm with you.  The problem is that I keep getting rid of my stuff, but DH keep EVERYTHING!!!!  And he is teaching our DS that too.  DS doesn't want to get rid of any drawing he does, any McDonald's toy, nothing!  Well, the toy room is over flowing and DH has been told that we are going to take care of that problem before adding one more child's toys to that mix!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"