Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Complete Molar Pregnancy--Moving Forward

I was diagnosed with a complete molar pregnancy (CMP) early September 2010 and am now undergoing chemotherapy treatment until my HCG (pregnancy hormone) levels reach zero. This was my first pregnancy. Originally I thought it was just a regular miscarriage, which would have meant maybe waiting 2 months before trying again. But with the CMP, my levels not only have to get to zero, but they have to stay there for at least 6 months before trying again. When it's all said and done, I figure I will probably be able to start trying about a year after the time I found out I was pregnant (August 2010). I've started a dramatic blog to process the experience and educate others about molar pregnancy. The story is still unfolding in my life, but please feel free to take a read:

https://waitandbestill.blogspot.com/

Jessica

Re: Complete Molar Pregnancy--Moving Forward

• Options
    Hi kuckie, first off im sorry for your loss and that youre going through this. Good for you for startinga blog about this rare disease! i was just diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy less than 2 weeks ago, its scary stuff! Good luck in your future...im trying to stay as postive as i can through out this all!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. I'm very impressed that you've had the strength to start a blog. It's really good too, and I like how it's written like a story- thinking of writing a book one day? It must be excruciating to know that you have to wait so long before TTC again. I hope the time passes quickly and your physical recovery is straight forward without bumps in the road.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@MrsFelgy: Thank you. I hope that all is going well for you and your diagnosis. It is a scary thing to find out. Hopefully your levels will taper down quickly for you. The most encouraging thing about it all is that it is 100% treatable. My prayers go out to you!

haziedaze: Thanks for taking a read and for the good wishes. Everyday has its own struggles, but God's mercies are new every morning, thank goodness! I wish you success in your childbearing endeavors!

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. Same as MrsFelgy I had a partial molar. Thoughts and prayers for you as you go through your treatments and wait for your levels to get to zero. Hopefully they get there soon - and stay there!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"