Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

I know that everyone is different but...

My son was still born in July. I had an emergency C  so by now shouldn't I be losing weight and going back down to a regular size? My HIPS are still round and wide, and my belly is still soft and out of shape. I started working out gradually about a month ago...(about 3-4 times a week) and I have been eating so good (not this weekend) but otherwise very good. I am trying not to be frustrated, but I still have to wear some maternity type shirts and pants...I feel big and uncomfortable in clothes and even my arms are big (I can tell cause they don't fit into my jackets, and shirts right.

I have been taking a stress vitamin, a chromium supplement, and  flaxseed oil capsules daily. As well as drinking water with lemon and no soda. I feel like I should definitely be dropping weight but it is just not happening for me. I have had all my blood work done and my levels checked out fine... HELP ME!

Btw-I was 8 months pregnant when I had the emergency C...and I dropped 19 pounds about a month after that, but now the last 35 pounds are not budging!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Re: I know that everyone is different but...

• It's understandabe to be frustrated. I feel that way sometimes because here our bodies changed, hips are wider don't know if they'll ever go back to the way they were and we have no prize to show for it I tell my DH if my daughter was here I probably wouldn't be so frustrated about it.  Sometimes it takes awhile and then all of a sudden it comes off fast. It sounds like everything you're doing is great though.  Good luck, and sorry for your loss.
    ?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • Im sorry you are frustrated..  But I completely understand...  The dr told me 9 months to put it on 9 months to take it off.  It takes awhile for your body to get back to normal..  I was really frustrated after I delivered Grace at 18 wks because it took forever for my body to start looking "normal" again. 

{{hugs}} it will get better...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive read that your body stores fat while pregnant, and continues to do so for up to 9 months after delivery. So while you will lose some weight gradually it will be much easier after 9 months is up. Keep up with what your doing, and when your body decides to release the extra fat you will be in good shape and have muscle too.
  • I've had 2 late losses and 1 preemie at 32 weeks, and by far, the csection with our last loss has been the hardest to lose the weight from.  I've been about 8 lbs heavier, and I delivered her in May, at 29 weeks.  I would still give it some time.  The weight will come off. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a late term loss at 8 months as well and I want to say it took me about a good 7 months to get down to where I was pre preg.  Once I was able to work out, I did so vigorously.....However, with this last miscarriage in October, I seem to be gaining weight! Our bodies can be so frustrating!

Im sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Me - 41 DH - 28 **** Proud mom to Christopher, dob 7/15/92 **** Nathaniel dob 1/18/05 -1/18/05 (8 mos) in heaven **** bfp 8/26/10 m/c 10/14/10 at 7 wks. **** D&C 10/15/10 **** Cycles 1-4 BFN's **** Cycle #5 - 100 mg Clomid **** IUI #1 - 04/23/11 and 4/24/11 - 5/8/11 IUI #1 = BFFN BFP 10/14/11 - EDD 6/22/12** Stick little one Stick! Athena Jane 5/31/12 - 8/28/12
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  We lost our son at full term and it took me forever to get the weight off.  I dropped probably 30 pounds the first month after wards but the extra 20 I had gained would not come off.  It didn't help that I was stress eating from the grief.  Once I finally got into the gym it started to come off but took forever.  Your body is still regulating itself and like pp stated it took 9 months to put it on it may take that long (or longer) to come off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"