Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Tips for an over tired baby?

Jack is way past exausted but he will not go to sleep. I have tried nursing him, rocking him and putting him in his crib and nothing helps! Any advice??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tips for an over tired baby?

• Options
    CIO.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    When it gets to that point and I know she is tired, I just let her play and burn off any access energy. This usually doesn't last very long. When she starts full on crying from being tired, I nurse her to sleep and this usually works.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually end up nursing her to sleep when she's way over tired. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Have you tried white noise such as a hair dryer or vacuum? That usually puts DS out pretty fast when he's overtired.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice! He finally feel asleep while I was nursing. Wow I'm exausted!
  • Options
    Glad he's sleeping...swaddle or partial swaddle helps here...
  • Options
    I would try a bath, preferably in low light.  I've used this trick with DD a few times and both times she's conked out right after getting her dressed in her jammies. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagejacksmommy51:
    Thanks for all of the advice! He finally feel asleep while I was nursing. Wow I'm exausted!

Good work! I find popping him in the Moby and walking around for a bit does the trick. Usually he's out in under 2 minutes!!

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

imagejacksmommy51:

Yep, nursing always works for me when nothing else will. Glad he eventually went to sleep!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"