May 2011 Moms

"You're tiny for being pregnant!"

Twice in one week.  The first was from a woman with her 10month old baby who said, "Wow, you look great for being pregnant."  She said this while looking at my stomach.  I told her I was only 13wks. 

Then, again today at the hair salon I got, "You're tiny for being pregnant." from another mom.  This time I actually laughed and said, "Well you tend to start off smaller, and get bigger as you go."  Probably a little snarky, but HELLO!! 

At least these are funny comments, rather than annoying ones.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: "You're tiny for being pregnant!"

• Yep, I had someone tell me I didn't look pregnant when I was 8 weeks!!

I think people hear the word pregnant and they expect belly!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Better than my new chiro (my usual is off on mat leave) that asked me if my pregnancy was planned.

Yes, that's what I want to talk about while I'm getting my back pain fixed. Strangely, he's not the only one to ask, but by far the strangest. We've been married 5 years. Yes, this is on purpose.

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsSparklebottom:
    Well, it's better than people telling me that I've got a nice baby bump when I'm only 14 weeks, and it's all blubber.

Noooo, it's not all blubber!  Your ute has already started smushing your innards upward.  Otherwise, I'm developing a beer belly ;)

• imagetokenhoser:

Better than my new chiro (my usual is off on mat leave) that asked me if my pregnancy was planned.

Yes, that's what I want to talk about while I'm getting my back pain fixed. Strangely, he's not the only one to ask, but by far the strangest. We've been married 5 years. Yes, this is on purpose.

Yeah, not good chiro talk...especially some new guy. 

I get asked this question every single time I say I'm pg.  People think you're nuts, or careless, if you have twins (esp this young) and have another. 

• You would think two mothers would know better... I guess some people are just clueless no matter what.
  • I wish that people were saying that to me.  I am only 12 weeks and people are alreayd saying that I am going to be huge.  That does not feel very encouraging when it came from 3 different people already!  Yikes, I think that I am in trouble.

• imagetokenhoser:

Better than my new chiro (my usual is off on mat leave) that asked me if my pregnancy was planned.

We have gotten this a lot too. That and "are you happy about it" which is pretty much the same question.

I know these things are sometimes unplanned, but even if mine was I wouldn't tell you.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got the opposite from a SUPER flat belly last night. I'm slim but still "bumpy".  She said, " Wow, I didn't think you'd be showing so much!".  Made be feel like a fatty the way she said it.......
  • I want everyone to tell me that!

I should make up a tee, "IF you're going to comment on my belly, tell me I'm either tiny or I'm glowing, even if I look like I have a beer gut and I'm sweating from being drained with energy" 

• What is up with, "was it planned" and "are you happy" questions?? Drives me freaking nuts. Why is that all of a sudden everyone's business. We have been married over a year, together over 7 years, and we are not anywhere close to being teenagers. I am pretty sure it is ok to be pregnant whether it was planned or not. 

ok rant over, lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We keep getting the "Twins?  Good luck!" comments.  Thanks, but you don't need to sound so pessimistic about it.  I also had someone say she didn't want to sit too close to DH and I because she didn't want to "catch it."

People are morons sometimes.  The filter between brain and mouth often seems to be broken.

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • At least those are good comments! Were you big with the twins?

At 13 wks I look about how I did at 20 weeks with my son. I was by no means small with him either. People constantly asked if I was having twins.

Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageEris-Alexis:

We keep getting the "Twins?  Good luck!" comments.  Thanks, but you don't need to sound so pessimistic about it.  I also had someone say she didn't want to sit too close to DH and I because she didn't want to "catch it."

People are morons sometimes.  The filter between brain and mouth often seems to be broken.

The moronic twin comments... ah yes.  They're annoying, but after hearing them enough you'll have some good comebacks for people who deserve some snark ;)

• imageAMYRENEE27:

At least those are good comments! Were you big with the twins?

At 13 wks I look about how I did at 20 weeks with my son. I was by no means small with him either. People constantly asked if I was having twins.

Yeah, the comments didn't make me mad, just perplexed at these women.

Right now, I feel I look the same as I did with twins early on.  But, you know how pg changes your body.  I started about 7lbs heavier than with the twins, but I swear it is all around my middle.  Plus, I had a c/s with the twins, so I'm starting with less tummy control. 

Since you've been pg, and are now pg with twins, I can imagine you will get big really fast!

• I'm only 11 weeks and people at work keep looking for a belly, but there isn't anything there yet...I was told since this is my first it might take a while for it to show :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"