Trying to Get Pregnant

Acupuncture ladies

I was just curious who all was getting fertility acupuncture. How long have you been doing it, and have you seen any improvements, etc?

I'm going on my 8th week. I had 2 appointments each week for the first 6 weeks, and then 1 a week for the next 6 weeks. I think it's going well so far. My acupuncturist is especially trying to strengthen my kidney, because it's apparently rather weak.

I'm kind of bummed though, because it hasn't shortened my cycle length yet, which I was expecting. I do plan on carrying out my 12-week plan, but don't know if I'll continue on after those 12 weeks. My doctor has a great success rate though, so I'm trying to stay optimistic. Smile

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor

Re: Acupuncture ladies

• My first appt is not until Nov 8. I have never done it, so I am excited. I want to focus on anxiety more than TTC, because that is what is really taking over my life right now (although the anxiety is all related to TTC).

best of luck to you - I am interested to see how it goes for you as time goes by.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I felt my ovary for the first time ever after my first appointment!

I have been doing it for three cycles.  It has dramatically lessened my headaches, cramps, and general anxiety.  My cycle has gotten a bit longer and my lp has remained a consistent 14 days.  Now if only I could get pregnant I would be PSYCHED. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagejb2rn:

My first appt is not until Nov 8. I have never done it, so I am excited. I want to focus on anxiety more than TTC, because that is what is really taking over my life right now (although the anxiety is all related to TTC).

best of luck to you - I am interested to see how it goes for you as time goes by.

I've herd really good things about it helping with anxiety. Good luck!

My sinuses were really bad during one of my appointments, so I got a needle on each side of my nose and my sinus issues were better the next day.

• I did it for 3 cycles before I used up my allotment (insurance-wise) for the year. I'll start again in January if no BFP though, or hopefully for morning sickness instead!!
    I'm a bird.
  • imageBostonGayGal:

It has dramatically lessened my headaches, cramps, and general anxiety.  My cycle has gotten a bit longer and my lp has remained a consistent 14 days.  Now if only I could get pregnant I would be PSYCHED. 

that is awesome. I know a friend that did it after many cycles of charting and no BFP..but I think anxiety is definately working against me so I figure why not.

• imagemac&chip:
    imagejb2rn:

My first appt is not until Nov 8. I have never done it, so I am excited. I want to focus on anxiety more than TTC, because that is what is really taking over my life right now (although the anxiety is all related to TTC).

My sinuses were really bad during one of my appointments, so I got a needle on each side of my nose and my sinus issues were better the next day.

So funny you mention those sinus points.  I KNOW it will help with my sinuses (severely deviated septum and allergies) but that is the only place that I am anxious about her placing needles.  All the other spots I have been fine with.  Tell me to get over it!!!!

• imagebuttercupaug06:
    I did it for 3 cycles before I used up my allotment (insurance-wise) for the year.

wow, your insurance covers it? that is cool. I will have to pay $125 for the inital assessment (she said about 1.5 hours) and then approx $60 for each treatment. I figure it's better for me than Ativan Stick out tongue

• imageBostonGayGal:
    imagemac&chip:
    imagejb2rn:

So funny you mention those sinus points.  I KNOW it will help with my sinuses (severely deviated septum and allergies) but that is the only place that I am anxious about her placing needles.  All the other spots I have been fine with.  Tell me to get over it!!!!

I'm not going to lie, that was the only area I've had a needle go in that I actually felt. But once it was in, I was fine ? it was just weird looking at them, because it was like I had whiskers.

• imagejb2rn:

imagebuttercupaug06:
    I did it for 3 cycles before I used up my allotment (insurance-wise) for the year.

wow, your insurance covers it? that is cool. I will have to pay $125 for the inital assessment (she said about 1.5 hours) and then approx $60 for each treatment. I figure it's better for me than Ativan Stick out tongue

I have a $35 copay with my insurance. I guess Cigna covers all acupuncture by default, which was a nice surprise.

• Let me know how it works for anxiety.  I have considered doing acupuncture for health issues in the past but I have really bad anxiety.  I've always thought that because of my anxiety I would freak out having to lay still with needles in me.
    BabyName Ticker
  • imagebrockli:
    Let me know how it works for anxiety.  I have considered doing acupuncture for health issues in the past but I have really bad anxiety.  I've always thought that because of my anxiety I would freak out having to lay still with needles in me.

I think this fear stops a lot of people, but it is truly remarkable.  I start looking forward to my appointments a couple days before.  It still feels odd, and there can be a twinge when some needles are inserted, but then my body gets so calm, and I feel a low vibration throughout my body.  I am amazed by what it has done for my anxiety as well as for my headaches. 

• image brockli:Let me know how it works for anxiety.  I have considered doing acupuncture for health issues in the past but I have really bad anxiety.  I've always thought that because of my anxiety I would freak out having to lay still with needles in me.I think this fear stops a lot of people, but it is truly remarkable.  I start looking forward to my appointments a couple days before.  It still feels odd, and there can be a twinge when some needles are inserted, but then my body gets so calm, and I feel a low vibration throughout my body.  I am amazed by what it has done for my anxiety as well as for my headaches.  I think I will have to look into this.  Especially if I get pregnant I will have to make changes in my medication Im sure 
    BabyName Ticker
  • I have done it 10 or so  treatments and it really balanced out my cycles( except this one )  and fixed a host of other issues (bloating ,indigestion & painful periods ) I have had to take a month or so off but I am looking forward to beginning again in Jan. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
  • I've gone for about two months and really like it. With the sessions and herbs I got out of the funk that I was in, which I never knew how bad it was until I got out of it. I got for more than my fertility which is good considering that I'm not KU yet.
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've been going for 7 weeks now and I love it.  It has shortened my cycle (O'd on CD 16 instead of CD20) and has made my periods a lot heavier and, as my accupuncturist said "more nourished".  It helps me a ton for anxiety as well...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been thinking about trying out acupuncture. I am going to call my insurance today to see if and how much they cover. A friend who has been TTGP for over 2 years says she has tried everything, but she feels like this is the only thing that is helping her cope with the stress and everything else going on. I am going to talk to DH about this tonight = )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"