Pregnant after IF
Options

Plus size ladies where do/did you buy maternity clothes?

I know I don't need any yet, but I am probably going to have to order online since most places don't carry plus size in the stores.  So I am wondering what are/were some of your favorite places?

JCPenney's looks like they have some cute stuff and Old Navy has plus size now.  I am a 18/20 top and 20/22 bottom pre-pregnancy.  Some of the Gap and Old Navy size charts say the xxl tops fit 18/20, does anyone know if they really do?  I just haven't seen much browsing online so I thought I would see if anyone has any recs.

TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Plus size ladies where do/did you buy maternity clothes?

• Options
    Hello!  I'm a 16/18 pre-pregnancy top and ON XL fits me perfectly with room for my belly to grow.  I was a 18 jeans pre-pregnancy and both XL and size 18 bottoms from ON have fit wonderfully as well.  I also ordered several XL tops from Kohls that are GREAT!
  • Options

JC Penny and Old Navy are about all I know. I have played around on both websites. I hate that you can't try stuff on. They both have some in store, but it's hit and miss. I am a 22/24 and am super worried about where to get clothes.

2 years ago Lane Bryant had stuff online. I was only like 7 or 8 weeks pregnant, but was ordering some stuff anyway and needed more to be able to use my coupon, so I got 2 pairs of black dress pants and 2 tops, all were on clerance. They don't carry it anymore. I wish they did. I would of thought it sold well, but guess not.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was a 16/18 pre pregnancy. When I was still working, I had a lot of stuff from Motherhood Maternity believe it or not. Most of their 1X pants are huge on me, but then I can't fit into the XL in the regular sizes! So I figured bigger was better rather than being too tight. I also fit into the XL tops. Believe me, I am big, their clothes run big.

I ordered some stuff from ON online and the XL shirts are perfect. I ordered one XXL shirt and it was way too big. I also have 2 shirts from JC Penny that are XL and fit fine too.

Most of my weight is in my legs so I had to stick to MM for pants.  

TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

IMO Old Navy's stuff runs huge, but Motherhood Maternity has a selection of plus size maternity in the stores and online.

Good luck shopping!

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I really liked what I got from Penney's.  ON is just like their regular line, sometimes good and sometimes amazingly cheap looking.  I had good luck with XXL Target maternity for basics like tees and yoga pants.  Motherhood also has a  plus line - stupidly expensive but its in stores. 

This may just be preference, in fact I'm sure it is, but as a plus size wearer for the majority of my adult life I absolutely hated how half panel pants cut my fat in half and accentuated a B belly.  Whole panel is the way to go IMO, you get the D belly shape faster.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I ended up buying a lot from Motherhood Maternity. I bought all my pants in the plus size area, along with quite a few shirts but I did manage to fit into some of the XL shirts in the "regular" part of the store (of course I went through the summer in tank tops so I'm not sure how the shirts with sleeves fit from that area). I also found that ON XXL shirts fit me great, and not the maternity sizes just the ones in the regular part of the store. Oh and I also found that the maternity clothes at Kohls fit me pretty well in the XL sizes. I just assumed they were like everything else and wouldn't fit, but when I finally tried some shirts on they fit great.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I am so excited to be pg and shop for maternity clothes.  I am sure given my size that I won't show for a while, but I can't wait. :-)
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options
    I was a 16/18 pre-pregnancy . . . Gap, Old Navy, Target, Ann Taylor Loft.   
  • Options

I bought some stuff from JCPenny, I don't love it but it's not bad.  I got a ton of stuff from Old Navy.  Pre-pregnancy I wore and XL top. I bought the XXL and they're a bit roomy but I'm sure I'll grow into them.  I think the plus size maternity stuff there goes up to a 3X and the regular sizes go up to a 2X. Motherhood had some great stuff too!  I got all my Jeans in a 1X and they're kind of baggy but the XL in the regular section was a little to tight. 

The Old Navy by me has maternity in store, but it's a small section, I don't think most of them do.  JCPenny I've only  been able to find online ( I liked their jeans and I got a cute dress).  Some Mother hood stores have plus sized in the store.  If you have an outlet near you, more of the outlet stores have a plus maternity section and you can get great deals.  I did buy most of my clothes online and didn't have much of a problem with them.  The majority of my shirts are from ON.  I didn't like their jeans.

I hope this helps!!!

• Options

I'm a bit smaller - 16 on top (so long as there aren't buttons for the boobs to bust out of), 18 on bottom.  Motherhood had plus sizes, the normal XL seemed like 16/18 and 1x like 18/20 or slightly bigger.  I shopped the sale racks and it wasn't too bad.

I am starting to "show" - the ute is displacing my belly fat (super attractive!).  It may not be the cutest baby belly, but I'll take what I can get! 

Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am also a 20/22 pre preg. I got all my pants from JCPenney and love them. I got full panel and really like them because it holds everything together and rounds your belly. I got a few tops from Motherhood, but mostly got a bunch of long sleeve t's from ON and layered with tanks. They are starting to get a little short now. GL!
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"