Two Under 2
Options

Anyone put on bedrest with #2??

I was just released from L&D on semi-bedrest. Basically I can stand for up to 10min, only heat up food, only riding in car, sitting on my bum the rest of day. I can only pick up 15lbs, and DS is 30lbs...

Wondering if any of you ladies were put on bedrest with #2, and how did you do it with LO #1?

Thanks

Re: Anyone put on bedrest with #2??

• Options

I was put on Bedrest at 32 weeks.  At that time, my daughter was 11 months old. 

She is a big girl - 27 pounds.  And, my bedrest was STRICT.  Laying down only, only get up to go to the bathroom, could only shower every other day.  I could not even sit up.

it was HARD.  But, lucky for me - my daughter is a great napper.  She takes a very scheduled 2 hr nap in the AM and then another 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

Since her first nap is at 9am, my husband would go put her down and then go to work (20 minutes away).  I would then have help from family and friends to come between 10:30 and 1.

They would go bring her down from her nap, play with her on the floor, feed her lunch and then put her down for her nap.

My oldest son (16 yrs old) would help out after school.  He loved it - yeah right.

Then I had a few people make us some meals that only needed to be heated.  Trust me, I hated doing it - but you HAVE to call in favors.  I "owe" so many people favors.  But, you have to do what you have to do.  For me, my bedrest for due to Pre-term labor, and I did not want a 32 weeker.

I was released from bedrest at 36 weeks, and my daughter was born the next day - go figure.  And to be honest, toward the end it was getting hard to keep asking people.  But, everyone was more than willing to help out.  Especially since in my case, it was only really for about 2 hours.

Good Luck to you - I kknow it is hard.  But, you will get it done

• Options

I was on strict bed rest from week 20 til the end with my 2nd pregnancy.  DD1 was 4 at the time, but still needed a lot more care than I could provide.  I was only allowed to get up for bathroom trips and to shower every other day.  When I was in bed I had to be lying down, no sitting. 

My mom came (who lives 3 hrs away) came and stayed with us to take care of me and my kiddo.  DH works long days and is away from home 12 hrs a day, so even though he wanted to, he couldn't help much.  It was hard on everyone, but worth it to know that I was doing everything I could to protect my baby.  Good luck!  It will be a long road.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i was on modified bed rest at 28 weeks and DD was 10months. I laid down as much as I could, but ended up @ l&d b/c there was NO WAY i could take it easy. DH couldnt take off work and hes gone 25hrs at a time. BUT..I delivered @ 38 weeks problem free, I was just hella miserable due to PTL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"