Pregnant after a Loss

i fell down the stairs.

just missed a stair and fell about 3 stairs. I landed flat on one foot, but on the toes of my right. out of precaution and incredible pain I went to the ER. Thankfully not broken, but sprained, swollen and now bruising. Unfortunately there was no u/s tech available so I couldn't get that checked - so I am pretty freaked (although I have no spotting and not cramping, just worried. I'll call the RE in the morning (I was released last week when all was well, but still haven't found an OB yet b/c of a referral issue).

so there you have it, I'm a clutz. 

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011

Re: i fell down the stairs.

• I'm sorry. That's scary and sounds painful! I"m sure LO is doing fine in there - there's lots of padding!
    Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
  • Oh no, hon. I'm sure the RE will see you, and make sure everything is okay.

FWIW, my OB told me when I took a spill chasing Scout that the baby is really, really well protected in there. It would take MASSIVE trauma, esp. in first trimester, for something to happen. And I was pretty banged up on my side. Wedge never seemed to notice.

Keep us posted, I'm sorry this happened. Ouch!

• Loading the player...
  • Ouch!  That sounds incredibly painful...  Hopefully your RE can get you an u/s just for peace of mind.  
    formerly *Abby*
    BFP 10/05/09 - natural m/c 10/22/09... BFP 07/18/2010 - My BFP Chart - Due March 29, 2011
    My Pregnancy Blog
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." - Taylor Swift, "Mine"
    Labor Buddy to leneae10 and kilissa
  • Yikes! So scary- I'm glad you are OK. I did the exact same thing around 13 weeks and even though I didn't fall on/run into my belly, my OB was glad I called and she definitely wanted me to come in for a quick US- to both our minds at ease. I'm glad you will call your RE tomorrow. My fall taught me one lesson- ALWAYS hold onto the railing and take it slowly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh no!  I'm sorry you had such a bad scare.  If it makes you feel any better, I slipped on my dog's bone yesterday and landed partially with my knee on the floor and partially with my belly on the coffee table.  LO has been wiggling like normal, so I'm assuming she's ok in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ouch!  I hope you're feeling better soon, and I hope the RE will get you in first thing so you don't have to worry about it all day!  Good luck!
  • Yikes!  So glad to hear you're okay; like pp's said, the baby has great cushion and I hope you get in to see the LO soon!
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ouch! It is scary when things like that happen though! 
  • Ouch! I bought some of those socks little kids wear with some rubber stuff on the bottom to keep me right side up- I'm such a clutz too. Hope you get in to check on LO just to ease your mind!
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Yikes, how scary! I'm glad you're okay. Sorry they couldn't do an U/S but hopefully your RE can get you in and put your mind at ease.
  • Glad you're okay!  From what I understand, falls and such aren't a big deal until a bit later, so LO should be just fine.  Maybe the RE will give you a freebie u/s just to put you at ease, though.  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Ouch! Feel better and I hope you you can see your RE tomorrow.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

• I hope your feeling better soon bud. 
  • Owwww!  Hope you're ok...I'm sure LO is fine. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I hope your foot feels better soon!  I'm sure baby is okay in there, your body keeps LO nice and comfy in there no matter how clumsy you are.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"