Infertility

follie update, saline flush, and hypnotherapy

Hello ladies :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I went to my first follie update this morning, and have 5 follies around 12mm.

My RE always says "your ovaries are very polycycstic" and today said "you're ovaries are just more sensitive than other patients". Both of which scares me. I'm now worried about quality -- does anyone else have "lean PCOS" and respond super fast to meds?

Since this is my last IUI, my RE wants to do a "saline flush". Apparently, they flush the tubes and mix in a little bit of lidocaine, which is supposed to decrease the amount of natural killer cells/TNF-blocking agents. Has anyone had this done? I'm wondering if it is like an HSG, which is not fun.

Lastly, I have my first hypnotherapy appointment scheduled for this Thursday. I'm excited! And a little skeptical. Anyone else been to hypnotherapy?

TTC since 8/09
DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!

Re: follie update, saline flush, and hypnotherapy

• I don't have any advice, but I wanted to tell you good luck with this cycle!  I am hoping this is it for you :-).
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I have lean PCOS and I do respond super fast to meds.

I have no experience with a saline flush or hypnotherapy but GL to you hon!!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no advice, but good luck!  I hope this is it for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemdluv21:

Yes I have lean PCOS and I do respond super fast to meds.

Thanks! I heard the words "egg quality" for the first time today and got so discouraged.

TTC since 8/09

• imageYellow_Daisy:
    I don't have any advice, but I wanted to tell you good luck with this cycle!? I am hoping this is it for you :-).

TTC since 8/09

• imageLaneCA:
    imagemdluv21:

Yes I have lean PCOS and I do respond super fast to meds.

Thanks! I heard the words "egg quality" for the first time today and got so discouraged.

Yep when I heard I had poor egg quality for someone 27 yesterday, I almost started crying.

TTC since 07/2009
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • imagemdluv21:

Yep when I heard I had poor egg quality for someone 27 yesterday, I almost started crying.

I'm so sorry, sweetie. It's so tough to hear. Does Dr. Z think it is the stimulation protocol? How's everything else going? Intralipids OK?

TTC since 8/09

• imageLaneCA:
    imagemdluv21:

I'm so sorry, sweetie. It's so tough to hear. Does Dr. Z think it is the stimulation protocol? How's everything else going? Intralipids OK?

No he seemed pretty surprised by it...luckily I had so many that there were still some good ones in the bunch.

I had my second intralipid infusion during my ER.  My % of NK cells jumped way up after the first one unfortunately, so hopefully the second one helped.

Other than not being able to potty for almost a week now, I am doing pretty good.  Indifferent  LOL

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • imagemdluv21:

No he seemed pretty surprised by it...luckily I had so many that there were still some good ones in the bunch.

I had my second intralipid infusion during my ER.? My % of NK cells jumped way up after the first one unfortunately, so hopefully the second one helped.

Other than not being able to potty for almost a week now, I am doing pretty good. ?Indifferent? LOL

Oh no!! You poor thing! I'm keeping everything crossed for a positive beta for you :) About the Intralipids...I've heard of them going up at first, then going down.

TTC since 8/09

• Good luck! I hope this is the one for you. I have my first follie check on Wednesday. Do they have an idea for when your IUI will be?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"