May 2011 Moms

device to help with breast feeding

Last night a girlfriend of mine was telling me that she just hosted a baby shower and the mom to be received a little hand-held computer to help her remember which breast the child nursed from, for how long, etc.  She thinks it was called an "ItsBeen" as in 'it's been three hours since his last feeding'. 

Anyone ever heard of such a thing? I googled it but didn't find anything.  I don't know that I'd use it but I wanted to read about it...

Re: device to help with breast feeding

• No, but I have heard of wearing a safety pin on your bra to keep track. You put it on the side that is up next, then when you BF, you switch it. That seems a lot easier to me, than carrying around a little device.
  • Sounds like a waste of money honestly. The cheapest and easiest way to remember which side you fed from last is to use a safety pin on the bra strap and shift it to the side fed off of last. And that is of course if you really need a reminder.
  • Loading the player...
  • It is actually spelled Itzbeen. It is a good idea in theory. 

https://www.itzbeen.com/about.php

From most I know who had one, they thought it was a waste. There are iPhone apps for it, and the Bump has a pen and paper version. I had a few bracelets from LaLecheLeague to put on the breast I used last.  

They go on clearance at my Target now and again because they come out with new versions.  

• Ahh! Thank you. Well, now that I read the link I have to say it is far less exciting than she made it sound.

I had never heard of the safety pin on the bra, but that sounds like a much better way to go!

• A pad of paper and a pen is way cheaper and does pretty much the same thing.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • They have them at Target, but personally, I think they would be more work to keep up with than the baby!

I wore a hair band on my wrist and switched it to the opposite side at each feeding so I knew which breast to start on the next time. It rarely failed me. I only needed to start doing this around 4 months when my breasts stopped feeling so full, before that I knew which side to start on was the side that was the fullest. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had an Itzbeen and used it ALL THE TIME. It was AMAZING IMO. It had an alarm, a little light that was great for seeing through a dark house to the baby, a reminder as to which boob you used last, I LOVED that thing and my DH and I would freak out if we didn't have it nearby us at all times - used it religiously for the first 2 or 3 months for sure.

Just my two cents - it's like 20 bucks and very very handy if you have a baby that cries a lot. My DD cried bloody murder and at least with the Itzbeen I knew whether or not she was crying b/c she was hungry.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • If you really want a "device" get milkbands.  They say which side and for how long, and only cost about $2. 

https://www.milkbands.com/

Plus they come in cute colors :) 

• I use to put a hair rubberband on the wrist of the side I fed last.
    Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Also, there are apps for the iphone to help you track.  Also there are paper logs you can keep.  I would just write down the time and the side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"