February 2011 Moms

moms of 2+, sibling hospital visits policy?

I am getting really upset b/c with being due in Feb, I don't think my son will be allowed to visit me (they restrict under age 16 during flu season).

anyone else dealing with this possibility?

EDD with #4  01-20-14
Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

Re: moms of 2+, sibling hospital visits policy?

• I was told that as long as no one had sniffly noses that other children could visit. The NICU is a different story though. No one under 18 allowed to visit during flu season...

I'd try talking to them when you get there to have the baby. Tell them that your child isn't sick, no sniffles or anything (assuming that your son will not be sick :) ) They usually try to work with people because this is a time for family bonding and what not. Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'll have my kids brought to see me regardless! Now, if they're actually sick, I won't have them brought in. But there's no way the hospital is going to restrict me. I'll get up and walk with my baby into the waiting room to visit with my kids if I have to.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my youngest almost 3 yrs ago and they were fine with our other son coming to visit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was told that siblings could even stay the night as long as another adult was there too.  However, DH will bring DD to visit and will then stay at home with her since I only plan to stay one night (as long as everything goes smoothly).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I work in a hospital and they didn't allow children under 12 to visit in the whole hospital last year with H1N1. so far haven't heard this because to my knowledge h1n1 is not supposed to be as bad last year. I would ask you're particular hospital they all have their own rules.
  • I haven't checked with my hospital yet, but I can't image them not allowing children/siblings to visit (unless they are sick)
  • DS has already been vaccinated for the flu so I do; think we will have too much to worry about with that. I know that with DS immediate family could go in, but my neices and nephews if under 12 were not allowed to come in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"