January 2011 Moms
Options

comming home outfit size??

I was just wondering this today as I was putting some of the clothes away and thinking about our Lo's comming home outfit. The newborn clothes look really tiny and the 0-3 look big.... So my question is what size are you / did you bring your Lo home in?

Re: comming home outfit size??

• Options

it depends on how big your baby is. If it's 5-6ish you may need newborn, 7-9 0-3 should be good

ETA: all types of clothes run differently. Carters tends to run smaller and they shrink.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    From reading other posts, I'm bringing an outfit in newborn and 0-3m as well. Considering it'll be cold, I'm not really worried if he matches perfectly. (More than likely, he'll be tucked in w/a blanket around him.) Besides- the house will be empty except for cats, parakeets and sugargliders when we get home, and they don't care!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We'll have one of each with us.  I think newborn should be fine because I don't anticipate a Viking, but we will have something equally adorable in 0-3 just in case.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    Bring both sizes. My friends baby was 8lbs 1oz and he was swimming in his 0-3 so they had to go out and get some NB size sleepers.
  • Options
    My ds was 7lb2oz and 20 in long. Newborn was huge on him the day we brought him home, he probably would have fit into a preemie outfit better. My ds wore NB until he was about 4 weeks old.
  • Options

It really depends on the size of your baby.  Dd was 8 lbs 7 oz and fit in 0-3 fine but her newbon outfit fit perfect (she was only able to wear it for a week before it was to small).  So I would do one in each size just in case.

Also it really depends on the brand.  Gerber runs really small and shrinks alot. Carters, childrens place, target and walmart all run pretty ture to size.  Gymboree and crazy 8 tend to run big. Old navy and gap tend to run small. 

• Options
    We are doing 0-3 months. They might be a little big but that's okay with us. I hate to spend money on newborn things that will only get worn for a short time.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm planning on having a newborn sized outfit.  DD was tiny when she came home, and only fit into preemie clothes for while.  I know this one could be a lot bigger, but I've heard from a lot of people that even 8 lb.+ babies fit into newborn for a while.  However, we have plenty of adorable 0-3 month outfits that we can use if we need to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We'll bring a few different things.  The bunting I got was 0-3 months, so he'll probably be swimming it in, but at least he'll be warm.  Plus, the car seat carrier.  I'm just worried about him being warm, I don't care if it fits well or not.  Couple of sized jammies, plus bunting, car seat cover, and hat should do it I think.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to bring both sizes, one may come in handy (i.e. messes)
    Sign up to get great deals!! http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=2654096 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageskoogirl:
    We'll bring a few different things.  The bunting I got was 0-3 months, so he'll probably be swimming it in, but at least he'll be warm.  Plus, the car seat carrier.  I'm just worried about him being warm, I don't care if it fits well or not.  Couple of sized jammies, plus bunting, car seat cover, and hat should do it I think.

Wow...that sounds like almost too much to me..with both bunting and a car seat cover, especially in Baltimore.

I live in Upstate NY in what is known as the Snowbelt area and I'm only going to do a car seat cover OR a bunting (plus sleeper and hat) and I'm expecting temperatures somewhere between -5*F and about 20* F. Just remember you're putting them into a heated car and that their car seats keep them very warm too. Most babies only need to be dressed as warmly as you would dress yourself.

Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DD was 7 lbs and 10 oz. and still wore NB clothes for the first few weeks so unless you think you're going to have a large baby you're probably safe with NB.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Neriah was 8lbs 10.6oz and fit in newborn.  0-3 was way too big for her!  A lot of babies even need preemie for a bit.  I would bring a newborn outfit, and a 0-3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am bringing one of each.  The 0-3 outfit is way cuter, but I guess I don't really care, since it will be FREEZING, and she will be covered in a blanket and then her shower cap carseat cover most likely. 

I only have two NB outfits.  I still have one shower to go, so if I get more, great.  If not, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  I'd rather go out and buy more than buy a bunch now and DD not fit into them at all, or just for a few days, etc. I received some gerber sleepers at my shower as well, and gerber runs SUPER small.  I also have a few of the gown-style on 0-3, so those should work too if she is tiny. 

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Options
    Newborn size.  DD was born 8lbs 10oz, and there was no way she could wear 0-3.  We had to go out and buy more newborn clothes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"