June 2011 Moms

What's your toughest symptom?

What has become your most uncomfortable pregnancy side-effect?

Luckily, I'm not nauseous but my breasts are out of control! I'm only about 6 weeks in, but I need to buy some bigger bras already! Plus, they hurt really bad - it's like they're bruised. I've taken to wearing a sports bra under my PJs, and if my husband accidentally touches them or bumps me it's excruciating! Any tips? Anyone else experiencing unwanted boob swelling and discomfort?

BFP #1: 10/2011, Pre-eclampsia in last 6 weeks, emergency C-section, DD born 6/25/11

BFP #2: 8/16/14, Ectopic Pregnancy & Methotrexate Inj. 9/5/14, Adverse MTX reaction, HCG levels down after 2 weeks

BFP #3: 2/23/2016, EDD 10/28/2016

Re: What's your toughest symptom?

• I have sore boobs and moderate nausea, but the one symptom I could most live WITHOUT is the acne! It's so annoying - bad enough to feel sick and pudgy, but to look like a greasy teenager on top of it is just too much! I didn't want to leave the house this weekend :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have terrible morning sickness so that's a no-brainer for me as my worst symptom.  

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My boobs were the worst for me up until the start of this week. I couldn't even go up or down stairs without the pain killing me, bras hurt to wear too. I had mild nausea too but today it seems worse than before. I may actually throw up :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have had some all day nausea but the very worst thing for me is the major food aversions. I feel like I can't eat anything ever. And after something sounds good once then I don't want it again. My poor hubby has had the worst dinners lately since I typically cook. And I feel like every time I need to eat, which is every couple of hours now, I just want to crawl in bed and not think about food.
    ~ Life is good - count your blessings! ~
  • Definitely all the GI stuff, no question.  The nausea, the constipation, the extreme full feeling I get after just a couple bites of food, and the constant feeling like there's a lump of food stuck in my chest. 
  • Initially it was the heartburn. The sore boobs are annoying, but I think the nausea is the worst. I have only thrown up one day so far (partly thanks to zofran) but I am mildly to moderately nauseated about 75% of the time. I pack my lunch but half the time when I sit down to eat it, it doesn't look/sound/taste good anymore. Then I'm starving when I get off work (at 3am) and end up at Sonic because it's on the way home and it's the only place I know that's open that late. Not the best diet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Nausea. On and off all day and night. No puking yet, so that's a plus! It will be well worth it in June.

• This may sound weird, but my biggest problem is figuring out the difference between actual hunger and naseua.....I feel like I get hungry about every 1hr and 1/2 I have to eat something, but then 2 bites in I get sick feeling. It's almost like a low blood sugar feeling every 2 hours, i get lightheaded, def. gonna ask the doc about it. I have to carry snacks with me every where I go. I've never had a problem with blood sugar and no diabetes in my fam...but I am already thinking I'm going to be one who gets gestational diabetes.
  • My breasts starting hurting around week 5 and haven't stopped! They are better on some days though. My worst symptom has probably been constipation! It's horrible!
  • Definitely the morning sickness.  Ugh.  It just wrecks me.  Even when I think something sounds good, when I go to actually eat it, I get nauseas again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a tie:

1. Boobs. Holy crap! They hurt all the time, especially in the morning. Guess it's time a sleep bra.

2. Random smell aversions that cause me to dry heave. I have a really bad gag relax on a good day, but right now just thinking about certain smells puts me in a gagging fit.

• Mine is the inability to eat (food aversion?). Nothing sounds, looks, or smells good. I don't particularly nauseated but i just want to throw it in someone's face. I had extreme exhaustion but that seems to be better now. The most annoying symptom though is that i can smell everything! It's horrible.

• My raging hormones!! I am a complete B^tch to my husband!! I had started with heartburn, but my ob gave me something for that, so between constantly eating, major bloating, and being a snot, I hope I don't get morning sickness!
    ~Kelly Marie~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • omg itching. I itch EVERYWHERE. Belly, legs, arms, back. It's insane.
  • Hands down, it's the exhaustion. Chasing a walking baby and working night shift is extremely hard. I'm a slug.
  • I have no idea if this is pregnancy related or not but my left lower back (butt really) is killing me today!!  I thought it was too early for sciatic pain!
  • toughest?  definitely the all-day nausea.  i'm trying not to take too much zofran or then (more) constipation results and that's also not fun :(
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, another tough thing: dealing with a horrible (48-hour) migraine, and I can only take tylenol, drink water, and put an ice pack on my head! Usually I would take aleve and it would help a little, but I've been told it's a no-no for pregnant women. Tylenol just isn't cutting it... so I'm seeing a chiropractor this week to see if I can get some relief!

BFP #1: 10/2011, Pre-eclampsia in last 6 weeks, emergency C-section, DD born 6/25/11

BFP #2: 8/16/14, Ectopic Pregnancy & Methotrexate Inj. 9/5/14, Adverse MTX reaction, HCG levels down after 2 weeks

BFP #3: 2/23/2016, EDD 10/28/2016

• Pretty much all day nausea with a little dry heaving thrown in, boobs are killing me and my sleep pattern is thrown way off where I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Hope all these things settle down by 2nd tri.
  • imageamanda1680:
    Definitely all the GI stuff, no question.  The nausea, the constipation, the extreme full feeling I get after just a couple bites of food, and the constant feeling like there's a lump of food stuck in my chest. 

This.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For me, the worst part is the nausea.
  • Puking - in the morning when I drink water....pulling over the car to puke in the street....waking up at 11pm to spend an hour on the bathroom floor. My abs are getting a fantastic workout.  This baby better be the coolest baby ever in existence.
  • Exhaustion - I go to bed before DH and I don't even wake up when he comes to bed. 

The slight headache, nausea is not so fun either.  I have the same problem as a pp, when it is time for lunch I think it is totally gross when I just packed it for myself a few hours before. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't been too nauseated since I've been constantly stuffing my face. But what's driving me crazy is all the burping after eating!! There are so many foods that I don't ever want to eat again b/c I can't deal with the gross burps for HOURS afterwards! Yuck.
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The absolute utter exhaustion is really cramping my style. I have body aches that are almost flu-ish and I can't keep my eyes open past 9:30 pm anymore. My boobs are also killing me. Of course my dog wants to sit and cuddle on top of me and it's just not working because they hurt so bad. Thankfully I haven't experienced the nausea or morning sickness yet.
    BabyName Ticker

• The nausea catch-22: I'm nauseous when hungry, but 90% of the time uninterested in Any food I can think of. So I force myself to try whatever's near and sometimes it helps, sometimes the nausea stays.

• Definetley the fatigue  Sleep

I have never felt so lazy and tired in my life Crying

I hate feeling like this.  My mild nausea is a close second, but nausea usually subsides when I lay down!  Go figure!  I feel like such a bum!

• imageAshleyPT:
    Puking - in the morning when I drink water....pulling over the car to puke in the street....waking up at 11pm to spend an hour on the bathroom floor. My abs are getting a fantastic workout.  This baby better be the coolest baby ever in existence.

HAHAHAHA! that's what I told my husband.

• First it was the heartburn that was set off by the mildest of things including water.  Then it was the bloating and constipation now it's the nausea and aversion to food.  I can eat a food once without issue but that's it, I don't go for seconds because it doesn't even seem appealing to me.
  • imageAshK6306:

imageamanda1680:
    Definitely all the GI stuff, no question.  The nausea, the constipation, the extreme full feeling I get after just a couple bites of food, and the constant feeling like there's a lump of food stuck in my chest. 

This.

This is me too.  I literally had a break down Friday night when I went to sleep and my husband was like, "Oh, so this is the hormone thing I have been reading about.".  I just want to feel normal again and get to the part of being pregnant where I want to eat everything. 

• Hands down the nausea. My boobs have gradually hurt less over the last two weeks. i was wearing a sports bra after work before, but don't need to now. This nausea is torture though. Some of the 8 and 9 weekers were saying that it has started to subside for them. I hope that happens for me. I've only had it a week and I feel like I'm going crazy.
  • Hmm.

Sometimes I can't tell what's naseau and what's hunger.

I have wicked indigestion, though. 

• Throwing up bile. That's been a gift I'd like to return!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • a tie between the heacaches and the not so much nausea but almost like I am sick to my stomach. I think the headaches have a slight lead though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"