Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Anyone with missed m/c that didn't do a D&C?

I am just so unsure right now of what I should do. I haven't had any bleeding or cramping and I still feel pregnant. I really just want nature to take its course but at the same time I want to try and move on which is hard to do when part of our baby is still inside me. Did any of your doctors offer any medication that can help bring it on naturally or is a D&C my only option for not waiting?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with missed m/c that didn't do a D&C?

• Your doctor can give you cytotec to induce the process. It can be taken orally or vaginally and works pretty fast really. I understand the wanting to move on and it being difficult if you can't start healing physically first. Good luck and let us know how it's going. T&P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did the Cytotec after they discovered my missed m/c in May.  I chose not to have a D&C because of the small risk of scarring and also because I had never had surgery of any kind.  I knew I wouldn't be able to just let nature take its course because I hadn't even had any signs of a m/c so I felt like my body would take a long time to figure out that there was no more pregnancy.  I was also ready to start the physical and emotional healing process.

I am not going to tell you it was easy...it took about 12 hours to take care of it and it was painful, but I think waiting for it to happen naturally would be worse (and scarier when the natural m/c did finally happen).

I am very sorry for your loss. Sending T&P your way.

Missed m/c found on 5/12/10 medically managed

BFP 8/29 EDD 5/6/11

Dashiell Nicholas, born via C-section on 4-22-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I waited it out naturally.  I am happy with my decision.  My doctor does not like to use the medicine to bring on mc if at all possible.  If you have more questions, my experience is recorded in my blog (a post called it's over posted around Aug. 11).  If you have other question feel free to pm me...I don't come on this board as often as I used to.

so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

• I had a missed m/c however I had already started bleeding a bit. The Dr. gave me the option for the cytotec which I  took vaginally. As stated earlier if you go this route have your DR. prescribe you pain meds as well, as it was a bit painful for me. It took about 12 hrs, and I felt better after a day or so. I got my first AF exactly 4 weeks after the process. I am so sorry youa re going through this, but it does get better in time. My m/c was in Sept and each day I  feel a bit more encouraged and stronger.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We were given two options: wait it out or have a D&C.  I had had two previous D&C's and the last one was so traumatic, we decided to let things happen naturally, which it finally did a month later. That whole month I felt completely pregnant the whole time.  While it was the perfect decision for us this time, there were some things that probably could of swayed us to have a D&C.  I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope that you find peace in whatever decision you make. 
  • imagevalrisen2005:

I did the Cytotec after they discovered my missed m/c in May.  I chose not to have a D&C because of the small risk of scarring and also because I had never had surgery of any kind.  I knew I wouldn't be able to just let nature take its course because I hadn't even had any signs of a m/c so I felt like my body would take a long time to figure out that there was no more pregnancy.  I was also ready to start the physical and emotional healing process.

I am not going to tell you it was easy...it took about 12 hours to take care of it and it was painful, but I think waiting for it to happen naturally would be worse (and scarier when the natural m/c did finally happen).

I am very sorry for your loss. Sending T&P your way.

So, so sorry for your loss.

This is mostly what happened to me.  I started spotting over the weekend (I had just hit 13 weeks).  Dr gave me three choices- d&c, wait, or misoprostol.  I went with the drug, which was administered orally.  The labor pain was pretty crazy, but I had a lot of peace with my choice. 

None of the options are good options.  I hope you can find peace and make a choice that works for your family.  Good luck.  T & P your way!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"