Multiples

Double whammy...

I forgot to post over here to give an update.

Anyway, at my appointment on Thursday, my blood pressure was elevated and trace amounts of protein  was found  in my urine. Argh!

I developed severe pre-e with my DD and delivered her at 33 weeks. She weighed only 2lbs. 15oz. and had a 23 day NICU stay.

I am doing another 24 hour urine collection to see where my numbers are now versus my baselines that were taken in the beginning. However, it's looking as if pre-e is going to rear her ugly head again.

My MFM on Thursday said to reduce my work schedule and go on modified bed rest.

Then on Friday, I had a growth ultrasound and it looks as if I am beginning to develop TTTS. There was a 22% discordance between the babies and Baby B's amniotic sac was double to what Baby A's currently is measuring. Double Argh!

So after one day of modified bed rest, I am on full bed rest at home. No more going into the office to work either.

I have a follow-up appointment on Wednesday. My MFM's wanted to repeat my growth ultrasound in 2 weeks so I have that apt on 11/12. They will briefly measure the sacs again on Wednesday. Since the babies aren't in distress and Baby A's sac is 4 cm and not below 2cm, they just want to monitor. Also Baby A is on track for her weight for gestational age and Baby B is above normal.

Since I live in Cincinnati, my MFM office works directly with the Fetal Center. If I do develop TTTS, I know I will be in the best of hands.

My first goal is to get to 32 weeks. Wish me luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.

Re: Double whammy...

• Prayers headed your way!
  • Good luck!  I am sorry you are dealing with both of these things.  Just keep thinking positive!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through! Crossing my fingers that everything looks good at your f/u appt!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sending you T&Ps.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Aw man! Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.

If you do have to deal with TTTS you're lucky to live so close to te Fetal Care Center. I pink-puffy-heart-LOVE Dr. Crombleholme. He's like Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and a really great shoe sale all rolled into one.  I tear up just thinking back on how kind he was to me/us during such a scary time. He's is truly my hero.  

Also, PM me if you have any questions or want to chat.  I'm a TTTS psuedo-expert now and a Cincy girl myself.  Good luck.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 - 12/9/09 After being on bedrest for 10 weeks due to TTTS and hospital bedrest for 4 weeks due to PPROM, my sticky babies are here! Born at 32 weeks!!
  • Thoughts and Prayers to you and yours during this very stressful time.

• tons of t+p heading your way!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • T&P headed your way! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • T & P to you and your babies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck to you, thoughts and prayers headed your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"