Trying to Get Pregnant

Non-clicky poll-Just curious...

When do you guys begin POAS? Today was my first test at 8DPO, and it was the most negative negative I have ever seen. LOL, there was NO LINE for sure.

I don't think I'm preggers at all, but just curious when you guys begin testing, and for those of you that got your BFP, when did you get it?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Non-clicky poll-Just curious...

• I try not to until 11+ DPO.  A + at 8-9DPO is such a rare thing it isn't worth testing (IMHO) 

Side question...how do you know you are 8 DPO? Your chart doesn't show any signs of Oing

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't start POAS till my perios is supposed to come. BUT I have short LP's so that could be 10 or 11 dpo for me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually think about testing at about 10 DPO, or I have an app for my phone called "my days" and it approximates my AF based on the months past times i have gotten it.. so if i dont have it by then i test... i just started charting but i think most ppl on here say 10 DPO
  • Day 11 or 12. I have short LPs too so...
  • I have yet to POAS. I really wish I would get a reason to though! Sad So far, since coming off BC, I have been very regular. So, for that reason I have told myself not to unless AF doesn't show on her normal day. Although...This will be my first month temping, so maybe if my temps are looking good I will POAS early! Wink Good Luck!
  • I'm going by when I *think* I did, even though my chart is not reflecting the temps. I felt the exact same things I did last month when I O'd, with the same EWCM...but you're right, the temps didn't show it. So I could very well be AO this month, even though it totally felt like I was Oing with acne/CM/cramps etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageKdgTeacher:

I try not to until 11+ DPO.  A + at 8-9DPO is such a rare thing it isn't worth testing (IMHO) 

Side question...how do you know you are 8 DPO? Your chart doesn't show any signs of Oing

This.

• imageTchrJen24:
    I'm going by when I *think* I did, even though my chart is not reflecting the temps. I felt the exact same things I did last month when I O'd, with the same EWCM...but you're right, the temps didn't show it. So I could very well be AO this month, even though it totally felt like I was Oing with acne/CM/cramps etc.

Temping is more accurate than CM/cramps especially since you can get fertile CM at any point in your cycle.  Do you use OPKs?

• i shouldn't have read this post!! tomorrow I will be 11dpo and I haven't really though about poas, but after this, maybe?? I just don't know. i really don't want to keep seeing BFNs.... *bites fingernails*
  • imageKdgTeacher:

imageTchrJen24:
    I'm going by when I *think* I did, even though my chart is not reflecting the temps. I felt the exact same things I did last month when I O'd, with the same EWCM...but you're right, the temps didn't show it. So I could very well be AO this month, even though it totally felt like I was Oing with acne/CM/cramps etc.

Temping is more accurate than CM/cramps especially since you can get fertile CM at any point in your cycle.  Do you use OPKs?

This was the first cycle I used OPKs and I only did it twice. The first was neg. and the 2nd one had a really faint line which I think was neg. too. The more I read, the more I think this was an AO cycle, and now I just need to wait for AF. Bummer...but thanks for the help!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't POAS anymore. I just wait for AF to show up. If I ever pass 16dpo, then I will test.
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • imageTchrJen24:
    imageKdgTeacher:

imageTchrJen24:

This was the first cycle I used OPKs and I only did it twice. The first was neg. and the 2nd one had a really faint line which I think was neg. too. The more I read, the more I think this was an AO cycle, and now I just need to wait for AF. Bummer...but thanks for the help!

Not necessarily!  You just may not have O'd YET.  You still could in the next few days, in the next few weeks....I know that winds up being a really long cycle, but it's definitely still possible. Keep temping and keeping track of everything, you may be surprised.

• You should get a whole mess of cheapie OPK's from amazon and use them daily until you see a +.  

Especially if you've recently come off the pill, or were sick or stressed the past week or so, it could have delayed your ovulation.  I had a long (for me) cycle a few cycles ago that was 45+ days... I O'd about CD33 or so.

Anyway, what OP's said was correct - your temps will indicate whether you've O'd, and are a much more reliable predictor than cramps or CM alone.  The surge of heat-inducing progesterone that accompanies your luteal phase after you ovulate is monday-morning quarterback proof that you dropped an egg for sure.  Right now, that hasn't happened this cycle from the looks of your chart. 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I try to wait until 12, but if I have ICs around, I've been known to POAS at day 10.
  • I have some IC's, and last month I tested at 11dpo...BFN.  AF showed up the next day.

I'm hoping to hold out to 14dpo this month.

Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • this cycle i started at 13 dpo, last cycle i never had the chance; AF showed at 13dpo.

my plan is to always wait until the day AF is due or later.

• last month I learned the hard way that waiting to test is better! Tomorrow will be 14 DPO and my birthday...I will POAS tomorrow morning! The wait has been long and hard, but everytime an urge to POAS comes, I make myself go the bathroom with a stick immediately. This has worked and I've actually thought about it much less. 

As opposed to when you test and get a BFN then all you can think about is doing it the next day...its like a drug! 

• imageM_C_McBrown:
    imageTchrJen24:
    imageKdgTeacher:

imageTchrJen24:

Not necessarily!  You just may not have O'd YET.  You still could in the next few days, in the next few weeks....I know that winds up being a really long cycle, but it's definitely still possible. Keep temping and keeping track of everything, you may be surprised.

Thanks so much- I really appreciate your positivity. I will keep on temping as usual- hopefully I'll see something change soon!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did today (at 12 DPO), and bad idea! I was very depressed this morning. I think next cycle I am going to wait until a day after AF is due. (However, I felt like I said this in the past too, and that didn't stop me).
  • I was dumb and tested Sunday at 9DPO, BFN. Doh! With our first LO, I tested and got my BFP at 12DPO.  

Just thinking positive thoughts here, but if I don't get a BFP this cycle then I'll wait until at least 14DPO. 

• I dont start until 16 dpo (the day af is due).  i have never gotten a positive result earlier so its a waste of money.

also, op - while ewcm is a sign of ovulation, having it doesnt mean you ovulated.  i've had it 3 times this month, you can check my chart if you want to see. first time i had surgery, 2nd time i started a 4 day course of a pill that stops ovulation (dexamethosone) oops, and 3rd time i'm having ewcm i'm finally thinking that its *it* and im finally o'ing.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"