Parenting after a Loss

Baby acne?

So DD2 has developed acne all over her face.  The pedi said there's nothing really we can do about it.  My little brother had it as a baby.   It went away, but then he developed really awful acne as a teenager.  He is 18 now and still battling it.  My mom freaked me out and said that a baby with acne is predisposed to have it as a teenager. 

I know this isn't a big deal, but it bugs me.  DD1 had horrible eczema on her face for months and months and looking at her photos still makes me want to cry.  Now DD2's face is all red and splotchy and honestly, it makes me not want to take photos of her.  I feel like a horrible mom admitting that.

So - did your baby have acne?  Did you do anything for it?  Did it go away on its own?

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view

Re: Baby acne?

• Addie had pretty bad baby acne all over her face for a few months. It went away on its own after she was a few months old. I did put some lotion on, but I'm not sure it did anything.  I took pictures anyway :). I still thought she was cute as a button, and in a lot of pictures, you can't see it.
  • imageMrs. Diss:
    Addie had pretty bad baby acne all over her face for a few months. It went away on its own after she was a few months old. I did put some lotion on, but I'm not sure it did anything.  I took pictures anyway :). I still thought she was cute as a button, and in a lot of pictures, you can't see it.

Thanks.  I feel so guilty that it bothers me as much as it does.  I love my daughter and I think she is beautiful.  I guess what bugs me is that I know other people look at her and wonder what is wrong with her.  This all stems from DD1's skin issues - I actually had people ask me in horrified tones "What's wrong with her face!!??"

:(

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. People can be so rude and cruel.  I was worried people might say something too.  It did clear up after she was about 3-4 months old though. And it went through phases. It wasn't always bad. I hope it clears up soon!
  • DS had awful baby acne as a newborn. It did go away eventually but he still has little break outs on this cheeks sometimes. Poor thing. He's like a little teenager. I think that Calendula cream by CA Baby seems to really help.
  • DD had really bad baby acne and I remember feeling the exact same way.  I didn't want to take pictures of her because I didn't want to remember her skin that way.  Then I would feel really guilty about it.  In the end we still ended up with lots of photos but they were taken on days where it looked better or the photos were taken from a better angle - that sort of thing.  

We were told there was nothing we could do about it and I couldn't tell a difference no matter what we did.  Finally it went away after about 2 months and I was soooo relieved.  I'm also not worried about what this means for her as a teenager.  DH had bad acne as a teenager but he went to a dermatologist and you couldn't tell - he just had to make sure to use his special face cleaner.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageeas15905:

DD had really bad baby acne and I remember feeling the exact same way.  I didn't want to take pictures of her because I didn't want to remember her skin that way.  Then I would feel really guilty about it.  In the end we still ended up with lots of photos but they were taken on days where it looked better or the photos were taken from a better angle - that sort of thing.  

We were told there was nothing we could do about it and I couldn't tell a difference no matter what we did.  Finally it went away after about 2 months and I was soooo relieved.

This, exactly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"