Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

baby bathroom also guest bathroom

HI Everyone,

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this question.

But here I go.

We are in the process of remodeling half of our bathroom.  New vanity, countertop, light fixture, painted walls, shower head- The bath and tiles is staying.  

This is going to be our daughter's bathroom but it is also the guest bathroom.

The tiles and colors are neutral earth tones not white.  I am having a hard time finding a shower curtain that is both child-like but not babyish.  Most of the ones on Pottery Barn Kids site have a white background and that does not go. 

I would love to put a color on the walls but then think maybe neutral is better and just decorate with color.

What did you guys do w/ the bathroom used for your baby and/or guests.

Any thoughts?

Robyn 

Re: baby bathroom also guest bathroom

• Options
    I bought a shower curtain for our guest bath from targets kids bath section a couple years ago.  It is pink, tan and brown stripes and the walls in the bathroom are tan.  they have lots of colorful shower curtains in their bath section that dont look "child-like"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD is almost 3 and has yet to realize that her bathroom is not kid themed in the least.  Just decorate it however you want to.  I'm sure if you go all out kid your guests won't care either.  We decorated ours to match the rest of our house. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelenders:
    My DD is almost 3 and has yet to realize that her bathroom is not kid themed in the least.  Just decorate it however you want to.  I'm sure if you go all out kid your guests won't care either.  We decorated ours to match the rest of our house. 

Ditto this. Our LO hasn't arrived yet, and we just completed a bathroom remodel that sounds nearly identical to yours. I just went with the style of decor we have throughout the house. Maybe four-five years down the road, when our LO starts to identify the bathroom as "his," I might spice it up with some bright colors and kid-friendly decor, but for now it's more to my liking with paisley and 'grown-up' prints. 

• Options
    My guest bath will be the baby's bath. I do not plan on changing the decor. It has a warm PB look with dark sage walls, bronze fixtures and a yellow, white, khaki and red striped shower curtain.... I love it the way it is, I guess I am selfish, lol.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Options

Our bathroom that dd and guests use is more grown up with a few things of hers around it.  Like she has her tooth brush holder and cup holder that is very kids like.  I wanted something that match our home.  Her room has lots of pink very kids like and our son's bedroom will be the same thing but I wanted the other areas of my home to be grown up not kids.

• Options

You guys have been very helpful.  I do not want to make the bathroom overly baby either....our family room will be taken over...Big Smile  and her room will have plenty also. 

I think I am going to go with softer colors and a nice shower curtain I like from PB--something simple but sticking with the style of our house!  

• Options

Our bathroom isn't changing. The shower curtain is from Crate & Barrel and it's done in shades of blue. 

The only thing that changed was I emptied a drawer to keep her bath stuff in.

Her room is totally hers and very cute, but the bathroom is staying neutral. I didn't have a kid themed bathroom growing up and I survived -- okay the dixie cups may have had cartoon characters on them... 

• Options

We just moved into our house in July and I painted/redid the guest bath. My husband is Army, so our LO will only be around 2yo when we move again so I plan on keeping out bathroom grown-up like it is, sans any baby/kid things we need and use on a daily basis. 

Maybe once we move in 2-3 years we will make the guest bath more kid friendly assuming we have another 1/2 bath or something for guests to use.

DH and I just aren't big fans of things that scream "I HAVE A BABY! LOOK AT ALL MY BRIGHT STUFF TO PROVE IT" which is why we are even being selective in the baby gear we register for. Haha. We still want our house to feel like our house. 

• Options

We re-did our full bath upstairs last winter, before becoming pg but while we were TTC, and never did it cross my mind to make it kid-friendly. Like you, this will be DD's bathroom as well as our guest bathroom. 

I figured she is just going to have to do without a kid-themed bathroom! Our walls are a pumpkin color, the tiles a light beige, the vanity a cream colored wood, the vanity top a beige w/ dark brown granite, the shower curtain ivory, and all the fixtures that dark brown oiled bronze look.  Not baby or childish AT ALL!

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Options
    We plan to leave our guest bathroom as is. I dont think my guests want to walk into a kiddie themed bathroom. It's not that important to me to have it themed for kids anywyas, that is what their rooms are for IMO.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"